Are you an experienced Internal Quality Assurer?
TCHC Group is an OFSTED Grade 2 private training provider primarily operating within the six counties of the East of England but also has provision in East Midlands and London. We have direct funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) providing Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Study Programme, Adult Programmes and other bespoke training programmes.
We are looking for an experienced Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) who will, working alongside existing IQA staff, support all the TCHC Group delivery working across different programs and provision to ensure that Trainers and Assessors/Learning Coaches are working to the highest of standards and meeting all the requirements to successfully achieve their learners on programme.
We are specifically looking for an IQA who is competent to sample most of the following subjects and levels:
• Warehousing & Storage Level 2 - 3
• Retail Level 2 - 3
• Business Administration Level 2 - 4
• Customer Service Level 1 - 3
• Team Leadership and Management Level 3 - 5
• Functional Skills English and maths Entry Level 1 – Level 2
• IT User Skills Level 2
• Health & Social Care Level 2 - 5
Our delivery teams are professional, highly qualified and experienced, recognised by our awarding bodies by giving us Direct Claim Status for most of our qualifications. Our External Quality Assurers continually praise our delivery teams and we want to build on this quality, so we can become a Grade 1 OFSTED provider.
Internal Quality Assurer Duties & Responsibilities:
As an IQA you are required to carry out the following duties in the context of TCHC’s policies and practices, particularly Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Data Protection:
• Work with the Head of Quality Assurance to ensure the Quality Assurance (QA) strategy is fully implemented across the TCHC Group in terms of, but not restricted to; IQA Sample Planning, Standardisation, Observations of Teaching, Learning and Assessment, Site Support Visits, Coaching, CPD and Customer Service Calls to include invigilation
• Compile and maintain IQA Sampling Plans to cover all Trainers and Assessors/Learning Coaches and Qualifications
• Carry out and record appropriate Formative/Summative IQA duties according to the QA strategy
• Provide all requested reports to inform the Head of Quality Assurance and other Senior Managers and Directors of IQA activity
• Arrange and facilitate appropriate Standardisation activities and liaise with management for additional coaching and training activities when required
• Advise and guide Trainers and Assessors/Learning Coaches on how to deliver programmes to ensure timely achievement of Qualifications, Frameworks and Standards to awarding body requirements
• Monitor and amend risk bandings as required and provide Trainer and Assessor/Learning Coaches evaluations to support Performance Management
• Disseminate best practice through coaching and standardisation, incorporating latest information from awarding bodies and senior management. Including, utilisation of Schemes of Work
• Ensure all appropriate paperwork, documents, online systems are utilised efficiently and stored in a safe and secure manner in accordance with GDPR.
• Attend External Quality Assurance (EQA) visits as required and follow up on any actions and recommendations to achieve/maintain Direct Claim Status
• Support the implementation on the Apprenticeship Standards
• Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the TCHC Group.
These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake.
Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Enhanced DBS checks will be a requirement for this position.
Internal Quality Assurer Applicants:
• Degree and/or vocational qualification or equivalent
• DTTLS, Certificate of Education or PGCE qualification
• Assessor and IQA awards (CAVA, A&V, TAQA, etc.)
• Health & Social Care Qualification
• Warehousing Qualification
• Management Qualification
• Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths (GCSE A-C equivalent)
• Exceptional organisational and administrative skills with an absolute eye to quality and detail
• Demonstrable knowledge of Apprenticeship Frameworks/Standards and/or Study Programmes
• Experience & knowledge of e-portfolio systems, such as, Onefile, Forskills, BKSB, e-functional skills (City & Guilds)
• Knowledge of most of the following sectors:
o Warehousing & Storage Level 2 - 3
o Retail Level 2 - 3
o Business Administration Level 2 - 4
o Customer Service Level 1 - 3
o Team Leadership and Management Level 3 - 5
o IT User Skills Level 2
o Health & Social Care Level 2 – 5
• Thorough knowledge of Functional Skills Entry Level to Level 2 and the Core Curriculum
• Experience & knowledge of the OFSTED Inspection process
• Intermediate competency required in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Proven and successful record of providing support to Apprenticeships and/or Study Programmes
• Experience of providing coaching and support to delivery teams to maximise performance
• Working to tight deadlines with agreed monthly Key Performance Indicators
• Excellent communication skills – pleasant and professional manner well spoken – clear, intelligible; good standard of written communication – grammar and spelling.
• The ability to motivate and build a rapport with trainers and assessors/learning coaches
• Discretion & Confidentiality – must be able to demonstrate and exercise discretion and confidentiality in terms of all data and data subjects, high level of sensitivity to and awareness of parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships. Good knowledge of Data Protection Act and GDPR.
• Able to work effectively in the designated team, wider office teams, as well as independently. Also keeping others informed, duly considering discretion, sensitivity & confidentiality.
• Organisation & Motivation – able to work in a structured manner, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly, and to target
• Flexible, adaptable and resourceful – ability to respond according to tasks and situations appropriately, as they arise.
• Commitment & Time-Keeping – able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality. Including, good diary management.
• Personal appearance – appropriate to the role.
Full UK Licence and own transport is required as national travel is involved in the position.