HEADTEACHER FROM APRIL 2019, OR EARLIER IF AVAILABLE
Salary negotiable, indicative range £50k - £60k
St. Mary’s is a welcoming, 1 form entry Church school with a caring ethos situated in the centre of Saffron Walden, a thriving Essex market town close to the Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Suffolk borders. We would like to appoint an excellent practitioner and inspiring Headteacher with the vision, drive and energy to lead our school forward, building on our current Ofsted judgement of Good and aspiring for excellence for the whole school community.
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER YOU:
• Polite and well behaved children who greatly enjoy coming to school
• A committed, enthusiastic and talented team
• Parents who appreciate and support the school
• A collaborative Board of Governors committed to supporting you in your role and to investing in the ongoing development of the school
• Strong, supportive links with the Church
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An ambitious and dynamic leader who:
• will enhance the standards of teaching and learning to maximise the progress of every pupil whilst valuing each child as an individual and providing a wide range of opportunities for all
• has the passion and experience to engage and empower our staff
• has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to create effective and positive relationships with parents and all members of the school community
• will further strengthen our links with other local schools
• will continue to nurture and develop the Christian faith, values and ethos of our Church school
School visits are warmly welcome and will be hosted by one of our governors. Please contact Richard Peet, our Vice-Chair, to make arrangements by email:
If you would like an informal chat about this opportunity, in confidence, please contact our governance adviser, Andrea Morley at Balance Education Consultancy via email@example.com
How to apply
Please visit our advert on the Essex Schools Jobs website for an Application Pack and to apply online:
Closing date: Midday, Monday 1st October 2018
Selection event: Friday 12th October 2018 with a late afternoon tea on Thursday 11th October to meet staff
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS and other checks in line with safer recruitment practice.