Location: Hull Area
As a Qualified Electrician, you know what it takes to complete electrical work to exceptional standards of safety and quality. You have the right technical abilities. You are up to date with the most recent technology. And just as importantly, you combine real attention to detail with the ability to think logically and solve complex problems on your feet.
So who better than you to help us train and develop the next generation of Electricians?
We serve approximately 7,000 apprentices and 3,500 employers in 7 regions across England and Wales. All of our funding is reinvested in apprenticeship training.
Your challenge? To ensure that we deliver high quality teaching and learning in all aspects of the Electrical related theoretical and practical syllabus for both City & Guilds and EAL at Level 3 and above.
You will be responsible for developing material to support the required course. This is an exciting new opportunity where we will want you to help promote the activities of the centre including maintaining relationships with external parties, assisting with industry events and keeping abreast of developments in your field of expertise. You will be responsible for the welfare and safety of apprentices at all times and ensure all necessary administrative work is completed appropriately.
You don`t need formal teaching qualifications: you will have the opportunity to work towards those as part of our team. You must, however, hold an Electrical NVQ3 or equivalent and have proven on-the-job experience within an electrical services environment. We are also looking for good IT skills, a confident presentation style and the ability to build strong working relationships with apprentices, colleagues and external electrical employers and organisations. Add to that your good administrative and organisational skills, and you will quickly establish yourself as an invaluable member of our team.
JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
A DBS disclosure will be required.
Responsible for delivering high quality teaching and learning in all aspects of electrical related theoretical and practical syllabus for both City & Guilds and EAL at Level 3 and above.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Develop, prepare and deliver material to support the required course
* Teach both theoretical and practical subjects at Level 2 and Level 3 in line with awarding body requirements and to BTEC - NC and HNC level as required.
* Assess apprentices’ course work as required by the relevant awarding body.
* Maintain accurate records on attendance, punctuality and progress, preparing regular reports and liaising with the relevant Training Officer regarding course progress, disciplinary and pastoral issues.
* Advise regarding the need for materials and equipment as required by the course syllabus, ensuring sufficient stocks are available for teaching and workshop activities.
* Supervise training activities ensuring that control and apprentice discipline is of the highest standard.
* Responsible for the welfare and safety of apprentices at all times.
* Co-operate with internal and external inspection bodies, responding to any reasonable request for information required.
* Actively engage in other such duties, under the discretion of the Manager, as and when necessary.
* Give support and guidance to apprentices through each year of their apprenticeship, as necessary, supporting Framework completion within the given timeframes.
* Ensure that the pastoral relationship with the apprentice actively safeguards and promotes their welfare.
* Proactively engage in customer focus, responding to any training needs/queries/issues raised by employers, apprentices or related parties in a timely and professional manner.
* Complete all required administration documents following contractual guidelines and within given timeframes.
* Maintain good working relationships with external parties assisting with industry events and committees when required
* Maintain an awareness of developments in field of expertise ensuring professional knowledge is always up-to-date.
* To actively engages in other such duties, under the discretion of the Manager, as and when necessary.
* Electrical NVQ3 or equivalent
* Teaching experience of an Electrical Installations syllabus
* Certificate in Education or equivalent teaching qualification
* Proven on-the-job experience
* Good Presentation Skills
* Good IT Skills
* Verifiable post qualification electrical experience within an electrical services organisation
* Understanding of Further Education
* Recognised Health & Safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely)
* Assessor qualifications (D32, D33 or A1)
* Internal Verifier qualifications (D34 or V1)
* Working knowledge of the Contracting Industry / Building and Services Industry
Field Staff NAC Administrators Head Office Functions Apprentices Employers Parents Training Centres Schools Career Services/Connexions Awarding Bodies External Verifiers Inspectorates
7 Core Competencies Customer Focus Level 3 Communication Level 3 Teamwork Level 3 Planning & Organising Level 3 Achieving Results Level 3 Adaptability Level 3 Quality Standard Level 3 3 Role-Specific Competencies Motivating and Developing People Level 4 Integrity Level 4 Technical and Professional Knowledge Level 4
Approved by: Judith Wheeler, National Delivery Director
Additional Duties – Norwich and Carlisle Offices
• Key Holder. Responsible for securing the building and opening/closing Centre.
• Centre course programming of apprentice streams and commercial courses.
• Centre co-ordination including but not limited to identification of and management of maintenance items such as fire alarms, extinguishers, emergency lightning, Sub-Contractors such as cleaning and refuse collection.
• Maintaining and ordering of adequate consumable stock levels for the centre.
• First Aider.
• Assist with centre marketing.
• Contribute towards initial development of the centre in conjunction with JTL management.