Fully qualified in electrical installation, you must have verifiable relevant industry experience and current knowledge of industry working practices and techniques relevant in a building services engineering environment.
Any knowledge or involvement in Government training schemes and National Vocational Qualifications would be an advantage - as would D32 and D33 or A1 Unit or17th Edition (2382) qualifications.
Although based from home, you will need to live in London as the role services the central and eastern areas, and be willing to travel regularly.
In addition to the salary, there is an excellent benefits package that includes training and development, an occupational pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and BUPA.
A DBS disclosure will be required.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
Qualified Electrician, NVQ Level 3, recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent. Driving Licence and use of a car
Responsible for the provision of a high quality training and support service within an agreed area in support of the Regional Business Plan including management of apprentice and assessment service caseloads and commercial activities
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Working with existing employers and employers who have previously used JTL within the past five years, to source appropriate new apprentice placements and/or discuss other JTL opportunities, services and products which may be of interest.
* To work with schools and careers services to promote the career opportunities provided by JTL as appropriate to the audience.
* To provide and/or support and assist with JTL’s Initial Assessment, the organisation of college streams and delivery of inductions.
* To ensure Pre-Placement Vetting for new and existing employers is completed in line with JTL procedures.
* To carry out apprentice, learner and assessment service reviews as required and, as a minimum, in line with contractual requirements.
* To support, guide and assess learners throughout the relevant learning programme as necessary and in line with JTL procedures, to support completion of the Framework or projected outcome within the expected timeframes.
* To ensure that the pastoral relationship with the learner actively safeguards and promotes their health, safety and welfare, especially in the case of young and vulnerable learners.
* To provide professional assessment services to external customers as agreed.
* By agreement with the Regional Business Manager and where qualified, to conduct training in support of JTL’s commercial business activities and including pre-AM2 refresher training.
* To proactively engage with customers and respond to any queries or issues raised by employers, learners or related parties in a timely and professional manner.
* To complete all required administration documents following contractual guidelines and within given timeframes.
* To foster good working relationships with external parties assisting with industry events when required and maximise promotion of JTL’s products and services.
* To maintain an awareness and understanding of JTL’s products and services, ensuring knowledge of the range and on-going developments is up-to-date,
through participating in meetings and training and reading relevant briefing material issued by JTL from time to time.
* By agreement with the Regional Business Manager to support the piloting and development of new products and services as required.
* Qualified Electrician, NVQ Level 3, recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent
o Electrotechnical NVQ3
o Certificate in Electrical Installation Theory and Practice level 3
* Minimum of three years’ experience as a qualified operative/practitioner within the electrotechnical sector
* Good IT skills
* Driving Licence and use of a car
* Recognised Health & Safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely)
* Assessor qualifications (D32,D33 or A1)
* 2391 Testing and Inspection qualification
* Current IEE 17th Edition qualification
* Working knowledge of the building services engineering and related industries
* Good IT skills
Internal: Operations Managers Services Departments External: Employers Learners Training Providers Trade Associations Schools/Careers bodies
7 Core Competencies: Customer Focus Communication Teamwork Planning & Organising Achieving Results Adaptability Quality Standard Level 2 Level 3 Level 2 Level 2 Level 2 Level 2 Level 2