Location: JTL Birmingham Training Centre
JTL, established in 1989, is the leading work-based learning provider in the building services engineering sector across England and Wales. We`re a not-for-profit charity offering advanced apprenticeships in electrical, engineering maintenance, and mechanical engineering services comprising plumbing, heating and ventilating and property maintenance. We serve approximately 6,000 apprentices and 3,500 employers.
Your primary goal will be to drive and deliver revenue growth through business development activities; be it through pursuing leads generated through national activity or generating leads through local activity and initiatives.
Although based from home, the roles will be covering The North West of England, with regular travel.
In addition to the salary and commission, there is an excellent benefits package that includes training and development, an occupational pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, BUPA, and a company car.
A DBS disclosure will be required.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
Proven experience of new business development within an education and training environment, Demonstrable sales and business development skills, particularly generating new business leads, 5 GCSEs (A-C) including maths and English, or equivalent, driving licence and a willingness to travel.
Responsible for driving and delivering revenue growth through the development of new business within an assigned territory. Responsible for new business development activity in assigned territory; be it through pursuing leads generated through national activity or generating leads through local activity and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Responsible for new business development in assigned territory for leads generated through national integrated sales and marketing campaigns. Responsible for pursuing leads and converting them into new business. Responsible for delivering related territory commercial targets.
* Responsible for new business development linked to relevant regional new business development plans, based on targeted localities and/or products. Responsible for completing new business development process; from generating leads, to converting them into new business. Responsible for delivering related territory commercial targets.
* Responsible for new business development in an assigned territory relating to nationally co-ordinated event and promotional activity. Attending local events/promotional activity and undertaking new business development process.
* Support regional management team in their resource planning for delivering new business e.g. providing evidence for recruitment business cases for training staff.
* Collaborate with regional and national teams in account management process. Support regional delivery teams and national account teams in their task of account management, in working towards a seamless transition between new business and account management.
* 5 good GCSEs (A-C) including maths and English, or equivalent.
* Results driven.
* Demonstrable sales and business development skills, particularly generating new business leads.
* Proven experience of new business development within an education and training environment.
* Good influencing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
* Driving Licence and willing to travel.
* Knowledge of building services engineering sector.
7 Core Competencies: 3 Role-Specific Competencies
Customer Focus Level 3
Communication Level 3 Negotiation Level 3
Teamwork Level 3 Influencing Level 3
Planning & Organising Level 3
Achieving Results Level 4
Adaptability Level 4
Quality Standard Level 3