Location: Orpington Training Centre
Did you know that JTL works with over 3,000 businesses, supports more than 6,000 young people in four apprenticeships, and is the leading training provider to the building services engineering sector?
Impressive facts, we know - but none of them would be possible without the expertise and innovation of experienced IT professionals who know how to keep our business running efficiently at all times. So, if you`re looking to make more of your technical skills, this is an opportunity to join a team making a real and active difference to the lives of learners on their way to being the next generation of plumbers and electricians. The challenges are substantial. You will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of company processes, systems and user needs for planned IT projects and changes to existing systems. Working as part of a focused and results-orientated team, you will conduct business process analysis and requirements gathering with stakeholder groups in order to lead the design of effective "to be" business processes. From identifying need, facilitating design and development to delivering business analysis using agile methodologies, this is a real opportunity to take ownership of your work and help JTL meet its long-term business objectives. With proficient knowledge of analysis tools and techniques, along with modelling tools such as Visio, you will ideally have experience within the further, higher or professional education sector and up to date knowledge and practical application of a range of SDLC methods such as Agile and Waterfall.
In addition to an attractive salary, there is an excellent benefits package that includes training and development, an occupational pension scheme, 25 days` annual leave and BUPA.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. JTL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
A DBS check will be required.
The business analyst will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of company processes, systems and user needs for planned IT projects or changes to existing systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Works with the Project Manager to deliver business focused solutions.
* Collaborates with business users to gather all requirements to formulate business specifications and translate these into business systems functionality.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to generate ideas to solve complex business problems, and document the output through workflows and/or business models.
* Facilitates working party and business user reviews, documenting discussion and following up action points.
* Obtain signoff from business users on system specifications.
* Assist technical teams (both internal and external) in translating required functionality into application architecture and the production of business functionality requirements.
* Communicate business objectives and business process detail to technical teams and serve as the interface between business users and technical teams
* Understand the long term business objectives and suggest systems solutions to meet these objectives; introduce key business stakeholders, innovation and rigor to business processes.
* Work with IT developers and vendors to ensure requirements are translated into system functionality.
* Minimum of 3 A Levels, or equivalent, (grades A-C)
* Minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent, (grades A-C), including both English and Maths
* Qualified in Prince 2 project management methodology
* Proficient knowledge of analysis tools and techniques
* A knowledge and experience of testing methods and disciplines
* Experience of working within the UK Education space (post 16/higher education, apprenticeship or professional training environment
* Demonstrable experience with modelling tools including Visio (or equivalent), and Advanced Excel/PowerPoint
* Degree in a related business or technology subject
* Experienced Business Analyst/Analyst in the Education or service sector
* Current knowledge and practical application of a range of SDLC methods such as Agile, Waterfall
7 Core Competencies 3 Role-Specific Competencies
Customer Focus Level 3 Project Management Level 3
Communication Level 3 Identify Opps and Solutions Level 3
Teamwork Level 3 Technical & Professional Level 3
Planning & Organising Level 3 Knowledge
Achieving Results Level 3
Adaptability Level 3
Quality Standard Level 3