Are you an outstanding teacher, who wants to transform how schools build the essential skills of their students?
Enabling Enterprise is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, all students leave school equipped with the skills, experiences and aspirations to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications.
We do this through supporting schools with an award-winning curriculum and support to build their students’ essential skills – from 3- to 18-year-olds. We are leading the Skills Builder Partnership, which includes 350 schools, 30 skills-building organisations and 130 top employers including hospitals, airports and leading companies.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial outlook, comfortable working with students and presenting to school leaders, and with a passion for education.
We want someone who will be dedicated to building and maintaining a network of schools and partners and supporting them to deliver our programmes with outstanding impact.
To build credibility, we are looking for evidence of high-quality teaching practice in a primary or secondary school in the UK in any subject specialism. We are also looking for someone with strong evidence of relationship building, and ideally a proven track record of commercial growth in a business to business sales environment.
This is a key post in the development of Enabling Enterprise’s presence across Yorkshire and the Humber, whilst being linked back to the North of England office in Manchester.
From our three offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester, we currently work over 95,000 students in schools across the country. We are in a period of strong growth, with backing from sector leading organisations including the CBI, the National Education Union and the Careers and Enterprise Company.
If you want to be part of an inspiring team, and benefit from opportunities for rapid growth, development and challenge, we want to hear from you.
(1) Marketing, Sales and Growth
● Promoting our programmes and developing a structured approach to engaging new schools through a targeted marketing strategy with a particular focus on Yorkshire and the Humber.
● Meet agreed sales targets to recruit schools to take up our programmes to fulfil our ambitions to reach more students each year
● Building networks of schools and employer partners to strengthen Enabling Enterprise profile, reach and impact in the Yorkshire and the Humber.
(2) Programme Delivery
● Ensuring high quality delivery of programmes to schools in the region by:
○ Delivering programmes in schools in the North of England, primarily Yorkshire and the Humber
○ Liaising with school leaders and teachers to ensure consistent high-quality delivery that meets and exceeds expectations
○ Organising and delivering teacher training to initiate, develop and embed our programmes
○ Supporting schools to adapt programmes to their requirements
○ Organise and deliver student trips to our business partners
● Building excellent relationships with a cluster of schools
● Supporting strong partnerships with employer supporters
(3) Programme Development
● Supporting the development and testing of programmes, structures and innovative approaches in the region.
● Working to develop and improve our programmes, reacting to feedback and increase their effectiveness with every student.
Key Skills and Attributes:
● Passion for Learning and Education: An experienced and qualified teacher, you will be someone who loves learning and working with children and young people, with a passion for innovative education practice, and always trying to improve your own teaching.
● Relationship Building: We are looking for experience of developing networks to build and maintain effective relationships, and an aptitude for being able to engage new schools with our programmes. This will help you to build the close partnerships we need to support our schools in delivering more enterprising learning.
● Commercially minded: To support our growth ambitions, all of our regions aim to eventually become fully financially sustainable. With great tenacity you will have used a range of strategies to successfully drive sales from initial contact to completion to deliver on our school engagement plan for Yorkshire and the Humber.
● Organisational Skills: This role requires the management of a full and varied workload, and you need to be someone who gets stuff done – on time, and to exacting standards. You will be able to work independently whilst also being an effective team player.
● Self-Motivation and Ownership: With resilience, you will thrive on responsibility, and taking ownership of your work. You will enjoy achieving and have a proven record of delivering on ambitious commercial and educational targets and taking the lead on new innovations.
Potential for Leadership: As a highly ambitious social enterprise, we can only grow as fast as it can recruit and retain the most talented team. We need people who want to push themselves to grow and develop into leaders.
Terms & Conditions:
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 subject to review in 12 months
Start Date: 1st January 2019, or as soon as possible
Working hours: 40 hours per week, although due to working with schools across the country, occasional early starts and evening work will be needed
Holidays: 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
Contract length: Initially 2 years, probationary period of 6 months
Location: This role would work well for those based in Leeds or Bradford. It will involve travel to our schools across the North of England (defined as the North West, North East and Yorkshire and Humber) as well as time in our Manchester and London offices, but can otherwise be home based. A driving licence and car are therefore essential to the role.
Applications should be made via our online form (which can be found on our website www.skillsbuilder.org/jobs and on the attached Job Description) - on completion of the online application please also send your CV by email to email@example.com. This round of applications ends at 9am on 10th October 2018 with interviews taking place on Wednesday 24th October.
Applicants are encouraged to explore our work at www.skillsbuilder.org before applying.
Enabling Enterprise is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from all qualified individuals.