Financial Accountant – Bournemouth
Are you looking for a busy Financial Accountant role? Do you want to lead and be part of a team covering statutory accounts, tax and VAT returns, leading our audit processes, cashflow forecasting, fixed asset management and more.
Are you a qualified accountant with strong technical skills looking to further their career who has a passion for managing and developing a team whilst at the same time being hands on where necessary.
If you are then please apply for this role with Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) in Bournemouth today. We are a busy organisation that can offer you a great working environment and opportunities to develop - we want to hear from you if this sounds like the job you’re looking for.
Wessex Education Shared Services (WESS) is a pioneering shared service company operating in a Further Education environment. We provide a wide range of services to our two Member colleges: Brockenhurst College and Bournemouth & Poole College including financial management, payroll, human resources, examinations, student records and data returns processing and IT Software development.
This is a key role which in involves managing and leading the transactional finance team ensuring delivery of financial services to our member colleges and for WESS itself.
The role is varied and includes:
• producing statutory accounts, corporation tax and VAT returns
• leading through the audit process and liaising with both internal and external auditors
• cashflow and fixed asset management
• responsibility for balance sheet and cashflow production for inclusion in reporting packs
• responsibility for ensuring the control account reconciliations are performed regularly
• ensuring our internal financial controls are maintained at all times.
You should also have a proven record of implementing process improvements and driving efficiency and the ability to assist in the development of our finance and reporting systems.
It’s a varied and busy role so we need someone who is well organised and happy managing conflicting priorities and ensuring things get done.
Key skills and attitudes
• You’ll be an excellent communicator with a high level of credibility
• Experience of successfully influencing others
• Able to maintain and build strong working relationships
• Able to motivate and enable your team
• Have an eye for detail and be able to work to a high level of accuracy with a high degree of responsiveness
• Be highly numerate and able to extract, analyse and use data effectively
• It is essential that you can use Excel, Word and Outlook to an intermediate standard
• Have a desire to continuously analyse and improve processes
If you are interested in the role please complete our application process by clicking apply and completing the application form on our careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Closing date is 19th August 2018 and Interviews are planned for 4th September 2018
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
WESS main offices are based a short walk from the main Bournemouth Railway station and public transport links.
Excellent annual leave and access to pension scheme