Lecturer in Beauty Therapy and Nail Technology
FTC 1st October 2018 – 31st July 2019 (Maternity) - Lansdowne
Are you a beauty therapy specialist that works to a consistently high standard?
Do you have excellent and current industry experience?
Have you achieved a Level three standard in Beauty Therapy?
If so, Bournemouth and Poole College are looking for a Lecturer in Beauty Therapy and Nail Technology to join their Beauty Therapy department. We are looking for creative, dynamic and organised individual who will be expected to plan and deliver a range of educational study programmes to both level 2 and 3 students. You will work closely with the college and our on site working salons to ensure that all learners reach their full potential and achieve success from their work based learning.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, then please apply for this Lecturer in Beauty Therapy and Nail Technology role today!
We are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, we have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
As a Lecturer in Beauty Therapy and Nail Technology you will plan, manage and deliver lessons for a variety of students taking part in both level 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy courses. This will be through a mixture of classroom based and salon based learning, through one of the colleges on-site salons. You will be responsible for ensuring that learners reach their potential.
Duties will include: Scheduled teaching, managing student assignments and tutorials, going on Employer and workplace/work placement visits, providing Educational guidance and counselling, Supervision of study programmes, Personal tutoring e.g., the carrying out of individual reviews with students, the delivery of group and individual tutorials and workshops, Support activities as appropriate within the Learning Resource Centres, support activities relating to employability, work experience, volunteering.
Additionally, you will be expected to provide regular and purposeful reports to employers, apprentices and the college so that there is a clear plan of which is time bound for each learner, which allows completion with agreed target dates. You will provide information, advice and guidance throughout the qualification to help students get this best of the programme and to help with next steps in their academic journey.
Part of this role will involve maintain and setting up approved work placement with employers as well as building working relationships with employers to ensure that all apprentices receive a smooth and consistent learning experience.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
• Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice
• Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
• Manage student issues with agreed protocols
• Undertake such other reasonable duties as the Learning Manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description at least annually with the Learning Manager
• Participation in internal Quality Assurance
• Travel within the working day and between sites
• Attend staff development events as appropriate
• Continually maintain and develop pedagogic skills, subject understanding and knowledge of awarding body and subject specification requirements
• Undertake and meet any relevant CPD requirements
• Industrial/commercial and academic updating of professional and technical skills
• Planning and appropriate arrangements for student visit programmes
• Promotion of College activities
• Schools liaison
• Preparation of UCAS references where relevant
• General administration relevant to the role
If this opportunity is something you are interested in Trainer and Assessor in Business Administration, please apply today by clicking the link and completing an application through our careers portal.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for this role is 29/08/2018.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.