VW Group Apprentice Automotive Technical Trainer
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, GB, MK8 8DF
Company Car, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension & Flexible benefits
£27,500 - £34,000 DOE
Are you interested in motor vehicle technologies? Do you have experience within the motor trade? Do you have a passion to motivate and pass on information?
Babcock International Group is currently looking to appoint multiple Technical Trainers – Apprentice Delivery to work on-site at a fantastic Training facility based in Milton Keynes.
We have an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference and train the technicians of the future. Our training is carried out in Volkswagen Group’s National Learning Centre, this is where all training for the network is carried out – an appropriate place for the Apprenticeship Programme. We have access to all dealership systems to ensure our apprentices receive a true representation of what they will experience in their workplace. Our apprentices arrive on block release and reside in a nearby hotel. You will be responsible for their training delivery, life skills and recording of their progress.
Don’t worry if you don’t have training experience, we will provide delivery training with the TAP foundation and also guide you through an assessing qualification.
• Develop and Deliver Training Programmes for funded Apprentices to enable them to achieve their NVQ qualification and apprenticeship framework:
• Deliver and assess any additional underpinning knowledge not provided by their workplace
• Deliver and assess technical certificate qualifications & Functional Skills
• Provide guidance and mentoring to the apprentice and their assessor as requires
• Monitor apprentices’ progress in the other components of their Apprenticeship framework (i.e. any sub contracted delivery)
• Ensure training premises, facilities and materials are organised and dispatched as appropriate in a timely fashion
• Ensure pre course material is dispatched in time for the commencement of any courses and that course evaluations are completed and forwarded for evaluation as per company procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Specific and relevant Automotive Technical certificates
• Recognised Teaching / Training qualifications – desirable
• Strong Automotive Technical experience
• Excellent presentation/facilitation skills with a proven track record of imparting skills and learning to others
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply using the ‘apply now’ button shown at the top of the advert.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion