Company: RCU Ltd
Post: Full Time, Permanent.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly-motivated Data Analyst to join our team based in Preston, Lancashire.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
RCU produces a range of innovative tools for the education sector and we also carry out bespoke analysis and research for clients including Government departments and educational establishments.
Your role would involve working with very large databases containing information about learners, courses, education establishments, apprenticeships, employment opportunities and economic data.
You will be required to manipulate large datasets to produce outputs which analyse data and produce results as required by a wide range of high profile clients. You will use programming software skills to automate and develop new interactive solutions for customers (both external and internal) and play an active role in producing new products and developing new technologies to enhance the product range.
As a key player within a small team you will be required to contribute towards business planning and the potential use of new technology, carry out and support project related research activity and support activities related to the development and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure. You will also be required to work flexibly in a customer led culture as part of a multidisciplinary team, supporting and encouraging colleagues in achieving team goals.
• Degree (or equivalent) in a related area
• GCSE Maths Grade B or above (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of working in a role that requires the analysis of large datasets and/or programming
• Experience of using SQL and manipulating databases
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, etc)
• High level of problem solving skills
• Excellent analytical capability
• High level of teamworking skills
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic
• Good organisational skills
• Experience of datasets used in education such as the individualised learner record, National Pupil Database, HESA etc.
• Experience of using Microsoft SQL Server
• Programming skills to automate processes
• Experience of generating dashboards or data visualisations using Tableau or similar products
£25k - £35k dependent upon experience
For more information and an application form please visit: http://www.rcu.co.uk/about-us/jobs/