Hugh Baird College is a large, dynamic Further Education College, in Merseyside, with an ambitious strategic plan. As a College we are striving to be outstanding in all that we do and all of our staff make an important contribution to creating an environment that exceeds the expectations of our students, parents and employers.
We are seeking to appoint a Maths Support Worker to provide high quality academic support to students during scheduled teaching and learning sessions. This support will be either to individuals or small groups of students studying GCSE or functional skills maths.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to;
• Be confident with mathematical concepts at GCSE level
• Have a Grade C or above at GCSE level and ideally experience of studying mathematical or statistical concepts at level 3 or above.
• Be able to demonstrate a strong drive to helping students develop their mathematical ability.
• Have an obvious passion for Maths that will engage students in their learning.
• Possess excellent oral communication skills and the ability to inspire learners.
• Be able to demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and have the ability to develop and sustain rapport with learners
• Be competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, or equivalent packages.
• Have experience of working with young people
To apply please visit www.hughbaird.ac.uk or call 0151 353 4449 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 19 August 2018.