Instructor in Bricklaying – Bournemouth – Full Time – Permanent - Senior Instructor £23,026 - £25,581
Are you able to work flexibly under pressure in a team culture and do you enjoy working with students of all ages?
Do you have at least 5 years of experience working in the bricklaying industry?
Are you someone who has excellent organisational work skills with the ability to plan and organise your own workload?
If so, Bournemouth and Poole College are currently recruiting for a new Instructor in Bricklaying to join their Construction Team and Bricklaying departments.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the bricklaying industry with a NVQ/Diploma level 2 or Craft Certificate in Bricklaying. We are also for looking for a confidant person with good interpersonal skills, that can understand the individual needs of students with the desire to form positive working relationships.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, then please apply for this Instructor in Bricklaying role today!
We are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, we have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
As Bournemouth and Poole College’s Instructor in Bricklaying you will be expected to deliver high quality and effective teaching and learning of Bricklaying studies to Bournemouth and Poole College students. You will undertake a variety of duties that will ensure an outstanding student experience that will leads to progression or employment. You will be using a variety of teaching and learning methods, to ensure that teaching is based on the current best available practice and that it is consistent with a high standard of practice. As part of this role you will act as a personal tutor to, carrying out individual reviews with students, providing educational guidance and counselling when it may be required.
Additional you will be travelling within the working day and between sites, whilst also carrying out general administrative duties relevant to the role.
As an Instructor in Bricklaying you should be willing to participate in The College’s appraisal process and undertake any training that may be appropriate.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
• Excellent organisational skills
• Minimum of three years industrial experience in the related environment (desirable)
• Confident speaker and demonstrator
• Basic knowledge of using computer applications such as Excel and Word
• Good interpersonal skills and able to understand individual needs
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Bricklaying industry
• Experience of teaching a range of students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting (desired)
• A NVQ/Diploma level 2 or Craft Certificate in Bricklaying (Level 3 or Advanced Craft Certificate is desired)
• Building experience of cavity walling, blockwork and solid walling
• Dynamic, positive and innovative approach
• Adaptable and flexible working attitude
• Able to analyse and solve problems
• Team player
• Qualified to level 3 in a relevant subject as a minimum
If you feel you have what it takes for this Instructor in Bicklaying role, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Closing date: 19/08/2018