PGL Training/Careers4U is a provider of apprenticeship and traineeship programmes and also has a strong commercial arm within the mechanical engineering sector.
Job Title: Plumbing and Gas Lecturer/Assessor
Responsible to: Head of Plumbing
Location: Clyst Works, Clyst Road, Topsham, Exeter EX3 0DB
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 per annum, commensurate with qualifications/prior experience
Hours of work: 40 hours per week 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
Package: 33 days holiday including bank holidays, pension, sick pay
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Essential Qualifications: Level 3 Plumbing; ACS Gas; Oftec Oil; WRAS; Unvented; TAQA, A1 or D32/33; Teaching Qualification.
Desirable Qualifications: IQA Award, V1 or D34; Renewable Energies qualifications.
Experience/Knowledge: Experience of delivering training both in a classroom and workshop environment and the on-site assessment and review process; good IT skills; full driving licence.
Duties (not limited to):
• The delivery of apprenticeship/commercial programmes across the Plumbing Department.
• Timely reporting of candidate tracking and achievement.
• Monitoring registers and following up on candidate absence.
• Development of suitable training/assessment resources to meet industry needs and new qualifications.
• Internal Quality Assurance across the department both on OneFile and paper based portfolios.
• On-site assessment activities.
• Liaison with employers regarding candidate progress and conducting reviews as they become due.
The above list is not exhaustive and a degree of flexibility is essential to undertake other duties when required to meet organisation needs.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org