Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 package (dependent on experience)
Location: Predominantly home-based working virtually. Occasional travel for meetings and events.
Job type: Permanent (after probationary period of 3 months)
SDN operate in the Further Education, Higher Education and Apprenticeship sector. We work for training and education organisations, government and employers, providing industry-leading consultancy, events, resources and research.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Communications, this role is key to driving up profile and sales for the business. You will be part of a small and agile team of 7 permanent staff and a growing team of specialist Associates. You will lead the creation of our marketing activities to drive up profile and sales of services and resources. In particular, you will develop our content marketing output, lead our social media activity, and support the development of content for saleable products and resources.
You will enjoy creative writing and marketing, with a good understanding of the learning and skills sector. You will have experience of; marketing channels and techniques, writing in different contexts and styles, social media activity (Twitter and LinkedIn), sales campaigns, self-discipline, professionalism and IT skills needed to succeed in a distributed team that works predominantly online from their own, home-based, offices.
SDN is a learning organisation and all staff are expected to build their skills and capabilities to encourage growth.
Main duties, responsibilities and accountabilities
• Writing, coordinating, and editing content marketing outputs, such as blogs, articles and press releases
• Driving SDN’s marketing activities, including writing and sending out mailings and developing flyers, content for exhibitions and the website
• Oversee and increase SDN’s engagement and marketing on social media, in particular LinkedIn and Twitter
• Use these (and new) marketing channels to drive sales for SDN events, webinars, resources and consultancy
• Research and understand current and potential markets and trends
• Writing, editing and developing new products, such as promotional material and delivery content for events, webinars, training courses, published resources, e-learning and consultancy
• Identify product development opportunities and requirements
• Working with the Head of Research and Communications and Managing Director, to plan, implement and measure the success of lead and customer communications
For more information, please download the Job Description and Person Specification.
To apply, please click "Apply Now"
Deadline for applications: Monday, 23rd July 2018
Interview date: Monday, 30th July 2018 (if not available on this date (e.g. on holiday), please make this clear on the application form)