We are currently looking for an experienced School Place Planning Manager to join Luton Borough Council’s People Directorate Department, on a permanent basis, paying a salary of £38,052 to £40,858 per annum with an additional £3,203 car allowance, plus a range of generous benefits.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for effective school place planning to ensure that the Local Authority complies with its statutory responsibilities and promote solutions to ensure that a reasonable supply of local school places are available for Luton’s children.
For your efforts, you will be rewarded with a generous benefits package, including;
• Flexible/agile working arrangements
• Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
• Generous holiday entitlement (26 days increasing to 31 days after 5 years’ service)
• Local government pension with generous employer contribution
• Excellent support and development
• Relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
• Half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
• Discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
• In-depth experience of school place planning and analysing complex data.
• Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively to develop policy and strategy.
• Demonstrable ability to lead and motivate staff operating in a challenging environment.
• Strong written communication skills – in-depth ability to write factual reports, policies, SLAs, bids and responses to complex enquiries.
• Excellent verbal communication skills – able to negotiate with and persuade and influence others at a senior level and make presentations to Headteachers, Governors, Elected Members and Members of the Public.
• Budget Management experience – able to monitor a volatile budget and make decisions that offer value for money solutions.
Briefing on Luton Borough Council Investment Framework
‘Luton Council’s key focus is the Luton Investment Framework – an ambitious plan for major town-wide transformation – which has become the cornerstone of the Council’s entire activity. Together with our partners, we are on schedule to secure £1.5 billion investment to transform the town and create 18,500 quality jobs for local people; while driving improvements to health and wellbeing, creating opportunities for residents, raising aspirations and enhancing prosperity across the town. Luton has got a great deal going for it. We’re incredibly well connected, situated just off the M1 motorway, and very close to the M25. Luton has its own airport flying to over 100 destinations across Europe and three railway stations that can get you to the centre of London in less than 30 minutes. So why not take a further look at Luton as your next career destination?’
If you’d like to apply or find out more, please contact Daibhid MacCann today on: