Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year
Location: South Wales - MPCT Head Office (CF23) – Extensive travel across all English colleges.
MPCT has been voted TES Training Provider of the Year 2017 and is an award winning company that are proud to hold Investors in People Gold, Best Companies 'Extraordinary' along with The Times Best 100 small companies to work for.
MPCT has created an exciting new opportunity for an inspirational and committed Curriculum Manager to Head maths and English GCSE & Functional Skills provision throughout their Colleges.
As Head of GCSE’s you will lead from the front with managing all GCSE and Functional Skills delivery and assessment whilst leading our team of dedicated maths and English teachers. You will be a qualified and experienced teacher of either maths or English, and also possess the enthusiasm and innovation to engage with and motivate learners to succeed through our GCSE/Skills programmes.
You will combine excellent organisational and management skills with a clear vision and the ability to lead, inspire and challenge teachers and learners to achieve the highest possible results.
The successful candidate will have:
• Evidence of being an outstanding teacher of their subject.
• Significantly contributed to the work of a successful department.
• Experience of taking on additional responsibility within their department.
• Experience of leading the planning and implementation of a curriculum initiative.
• Experience of delivering staff training and undertaking professional development of other teachers.
• Contributed to intervention programmes at a department/year group/whole college/school level.
• Knowledge of Ofsted HMI.
• Overall experience in managing the delivery of staff training to achieve outstanding teaching and learning.
• Qualified Teacher Status in English or maths (PGCE).
• English or maths related Degree
• Experience of managing staff
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Required experience:
• English or maths Teacher: min 3 years
• Required education: •Bachelor's
The College is committed to equality and diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share these commitments. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information and to apply, please click "Apply Now"
Closing Date: 13th July 2018