The National Director of Apprenticeships is a key member of our Operational Delivery team and is responsible for managing our direct apprenticeship delivery team and the expansion of apprenticeship provision to make a significant contribution to our company growth.
In particular, the post holder will ensure that we respond to the needs of industry, employers and our learners and that we grow our apprenticeship provision into new vocational and geographical areas. The role is responsible for ensuring that our apprenticeship provision is delivered with high success rates and is audit compliant.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Significantly contribute to our strategic development plan which sets out the vision and key targets for the growth of our direct delivery apprenticeships and maximising the opportunities we have with our levy employers.
• Implement our strategic development plan to grow and develop the apprenticeship provision in key sectors as a result of LMI research and intelligence gathering
• Identify and implement the ongoing changes to delivery and employer relationships that will be required to support Levy Apprenticeships and the move to and delivery of Standards from 2017 and beyond
• Monitor and manage apprenticeship recruitment, success and progression in line with budgeted revenue requirements
• Ensure that delivery is cost effective with monitoring and management of budgeted expenditure
• Responsibility for the daily/weekly/monthly managing, monitoring and reporting of KPIs
• Develop and manage a team Apprenticeship Managers to ensure delivery of the provision is maintained to a high standard, with the provision fully staffed
• Effectively manage team performance and underperformance through robust and timely review
• Working closely with the Curriculum Team to develop, review and revise curriculum delivery materials to support the delivery of current and new apprenticeship Standards.
• Build strong networks with employers, National Skills Academies and Sector Skills Councils.
• Contribute to research to identify new areas of employer need and new products and markets
• Contribute to the development of a marketing strategy to support the plans for growth in apprentice numbers and income and to establish and maintain our reputation as an employer responsive provider.
• Contribute to our positioning to be able to respond to the changes to the apprenticeship funding model and develop a fully costed apprenticeship management and delivery model(s).
• Represent us on various advisory bodies and business forums
• Developing the apprenticeship brand, promoting apprenticeships to schools, parents, young people and businesses.
You’ll need these important qualities:
• Passion for teaching learning
• Personable and engaging
• Organised and self-reliant
• Enthusiastic and professional
• It is essential that you have excellent experience of delivering functional skills and GCSE maths/English and hold the appropriate level of qualification to meet Awarding Organisation requirements. We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff so you very quickly feel part of the team.
• As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.