This role requires you to have a deep understanding and ability to teach functional skills and GCSE maths/English within the study program framework and a real desire to transform our learners’ lives and help employers to grow their business.
As one of our Functional Skills/GCSE Tutors you will be working as part of a larger successful team. You will be required to work within our Yorkshire Skills Centres and you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality teaching, learning and assessment of functional skills and GCSE maths/English. The goal is to ensure learners gain the new knowledge and skills required to pass their functional skills tests/GCSE and are ultimately successful in obtaining their qualifications in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Guide and support learners to achieve their functional skills/GCSE individual learning programme and progression planning
• Adhere to organisational and funding requirements for completion of induction processes
• Development of schemes of work and session plans in line with Awarding Body specifications and company policy.
• Development of innovative resources to engage and motivate Study Program learners
• Effect planning of classroom based learning sessions
• Monitoring of learner progress and recording effectively on the ILP
• Attend regular team meetings and Moderation/validation workshops.
• Undertake regular progress reviews and offer guidance to learners on how to improve performance
• Liaise with our Study Program Vocational tutors to support the embedding of Functional Skills
• Ensure timely achievements are met, including retention and achievement targets by implementing strategies and supporting learners in self-esteem and confidence-building activities
• Collaborate with the Maths and English Manager and the Director of Employability and pursue opportunities for growth by developing industry links for vocational education and training delivery and promotion of Learning Curve Group’s range of current programmes and services
• Represent the organisation on public occasions, such as recruitment events and to promote the best interests of the organisation by creating a positive impression of the organisation
• Maintain strong links with their team members, ensuring all activity is complementary and utilises the existing knowledge, expertise, resources and industry business links within our organisation
• Manage your own continued professional development through undertaking relevant training and sharing of best practice
You’ll need these important qualities:
• Passion for teaching learning
• Personable and engaging
• Organised and self-reliant
• Enthusiastic and professional
• It is essential that you have excellent experience of delivering functional skills and GCSE maths/English and hold the appropriate level of qualification to meet Awarding Organisation requirements. We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.