As an External Recruitment Consultant, you will be responsible for the operations and services as the first point of contact to our clients and candidates within the FE Sector. You will need to ensure that the needs and expectations of your clients and candidates are not only satisfied but exceeded.
The role will involve developing and growing key LCG Recruitment accounts, using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract new business opportunities within the sector.
This is a hands-on permanent role sourcing high quality talent, so previous FE recruitment experience is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Being the main point of contact for the management of a large pool of candidates, building an excellent working relationship and ensuring regular contact is maintained with every candidate
• Obtaining their weekly availability, understanding and getting to know their skills and areas of speciality in order to place them in suitable environments whilst offering your continued support
• Regeneration of candidates that have previously registered
• Recruiting staff through headhunting, generating candidate leads and developing candidate networks
• To maintain a good working relationship with appropriate referral agencies and to take part in recruitment fairs, exhibitions, presentations, etc. to promote LCG Recruitment, and its services in order to expand potential new candidate database
• Reviewing applications, conducting candidate interviews, managing client interviews and considering candidates and shortlists
• Assisting with compliance administration, ensuring candidate registration paperwork has been completed accurately ensuring all audit requirements and timescales have been met
• Advertising posts appropriately – Drafting and working strategically with Marketing Dept. to advertise using a wide range of media, magazines and the internet
• Continual development of your knowledge by thoroughly researching and understanding competition and industry
• Ensuring weekly KPI’s are met
• Being pro-active in seeing and understanding the full recruitment life cycle
• Deliver a service in line with company policy that is acknowledged by customers as being the best
You will need these important qualities:
• Strong commercial acumen, and a strength in relationship building
• A passion for people, to earn their trust and gain their respect and confidence
• Adaptable and able to work under pressure, assertive and able to communicate with people at all levels both verbally and written.
• Able to identify and solve problems and prioritise own workload.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Active listening skills.
• It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the client and candidate at the heart of what you do. You will hold responsibility for managing, delivering and meeting the high numbers of our recruitment requirements.
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff, so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK