Salary: Management Spine Scale 2 £35,763 - £38,738 (p.a. Including London Weighting)
Benefits: Teachers' Pension Scheme; 37 days Annual Leave
Attachments: Programme Manager MGT2 Job Profile
Interview date: Thursday 5th July 2018
Start date: Monday 10th September 2018
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service is the local authority’s direct provider of adult and community education and work-based training. Officially rated as “Good” following our OFSTED inspection in July 2016, we support over 4,000 residents a year to gain skills and qualifications for employment and wellbeing.
We are seeking an experienced and committed Vocational Curriculum Manager covering:
Care (Childcare, H&SC, TAs), Hair and Beauty and Wellbeing.
This is an exciting opportunity and you would be responsible for the management and development of high quality and relevant vocational programmes including assessments in the workplace.
You will need the skills, knowledge and experience to:
• lead, motivate and successfully manage and develop a team of staff
• ensure delivery of high quality teaching, learning and assessment, and drive quality improvement
• ensure the effective monitoring, reporting and improvement of learner outcomes including progression to further study and employment
• monitor and evaluate the programme ensuring a balance of provision consistent with the needs of the local community and service priorities
• monitor and ensure quality processes are in place to meet the requirements of external awarding and funding bodies
If you would like to join our small, friendly and talented team, please visit our website for an application form and further details at: www.walthamforest.gov.uk/jobs
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative.