Role - Full-time – 37.5 hours per week.
Job Location - Birmingham, West Midlands
The Finance and Management Business School Limited ("FMBS"), part of the ICCA Group of Companies is a highly successful and rapidly growing provider of Accountancy and other short course training programmes at sites across the UK.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated data and results driven individual to join our Quality Team.
The role consists of assisting the Managing Director with:
• Supporting in the further development of the comprehensive Quality Management Framework;
• Implementing the comprehensive Quality Management Framework to ensure a consistently high outcomes, whilst, fostering an ethos of continuous improvement;
• Developing and implementing a quality strategy for The Business School which ensures that the quality requirements of awarding bodies are consistently met;
• Working with the Senior Management Team in implementing and maintaining externally recognised quality measures (Matrix);
• Working with the Senior Management Team to create a culture of curriculum excellence across The Business School that provides exceptional teaching, learning and assessment;
• Maintaining an awareness of external demands and developments relating to quality assurance;
• Directing the quality systems and processes for The Business School, ensuring that they are focused on continuous quality development;
• Developing and maintaining the annual quality cycle;
• Acting as a support for the development of each centres Self - Assessment Report and ensuring that The Business School has a rigorous self-assessment process which leads to real and sustained improvement as well as meeting the requirements of each partner organisation;
• Producing and monitoring the annual Quality Improvement Plan and any Post Inspection Action Plans or Self-Assessment Reports produced at both The Business School and partner organisation level;
• Working with all Centre Managers to complete annual reviews of course programmes, introducing strategies to address underperforming and moribund courses and developing new provision in line with government priorities and local needs;
• Working with senior managers to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across all centres, embedding equality in teaching, learning and assessment and developing a CPD programme that fosters high levels of achievement;
• Ensuring that all awarding bodies quality regulations are met and implemented, reviewing, developing and updating all related and relevant policies, procedures and working practices; and,
• Ensuring that data is collected on a timely basis in respect of learner outcomes, including progression, and is used to drive change;
• Ensuring the systems for assessment and internal verification remain robust and in line with awarding body requirements.
• Knowledge of processes of internal and external verification.
• Experience (which can be evidenced) of meeting targets;
• Knowledge of the training provider/ FE sector;
• Experience in dealing with Awarding Bodies compliance needs;
• The ability to interpret, analyse and act upon information contained within the data set to skilfully analyse and communicate information to drive improvements;
• An enquiring mind with the ability to investigate and then identify issues and find solutions that lead to positive outcomes;
• An understanding of how to improve teaching, learning and assessment;
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and demonstrable presentation skills;
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Capable of challenging and being challenged;
• Honesty and integrity;
• A commitment to the Organisation’s vision, mission and values.
• Knowledge of quality requirements by key awarding bodies.
• Proven understanding and success in relation to Ofsted compliance requirements;
• Successful experience of managing external partners/ relationships;
• Awareness of government funding in the FE Sector;
• Track record of establishing a strong coaching culture in a team;
• Track record of successfully encouraging others to use IT effectively for teaching and learning.
• Evidence of continuing commitment to self-development;
• Relevant Professional Qualification/Membership;
• A recognised management qualification.
• Travel between sites will be required in accordance with the job role;
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet the needs of the service;
• Enhanced DBS checks will be required for this role.