Quality and Compliance Manager - London
Due to expansion an exciting new opportunity has arisen within First Intuition (FI) Ltd for a Quality and Compliance Manager.
FI Ltd is a professional education company, that delivers both exam and apprenticeship programmes for accounting qualifications, but has wider ambitions over the next 2-3 years. We have a central apprenticeship team that manages funding and compliance for all of our 7 centres and therefore this role is specific to our LONDON centre.
We are a small but growing team of 30 staff, based near Gt Portland St / Euston, and are focused on delivering an excellent experience for our students and clients.
Reporting to a Director you will build excellent relationships with the central apprenticeship team to ensure delivery in London is compliant with these internal processes as well as work closely with our Client engagement teams to communicate this to our widening client base to who apprenticeships are relatively new.
You will promote continuous improvement in raising and maintaining quality and compliance standards across the London and share these improvements with the central team. You will implement an audit schedule which covers the internal and external requirements of funded contracts and manage the audit process in London. Provide monthly management reports highlighting the level of compliance and any risks to funding. Complete the audit process by identifying any training needs and coach in best practice within operations.
To work with the central apprenticeship team, London client engagement team, skills and talent coaches, in the following areas:
• Support compliance within legislative and regulatory frameworks to ensure compliance with funding rules for all programmes
• Ensure London is compliant and in full readiness for funding audits on directly funded contracts and sub-contracting arrangements
• Involvement in client engagement processes, ensuring pitch documents are compliant, ensuring contractual terms are compliant, ensuring client engagement team are well trained in all compliance matters
• Produce, interpret and understand relevant data reports
• Quality assurance of learner data held ensuring that it is accurate and meets correct funding requirements (ILR) and meets data integrity checks carried out by our External Funding Provider Audits
• Plan readiness for internal audits to ensure London is compliant with ESFA funding rules
• Analyse and communicate on monthly all internal and external financial compliance audits
• Compliance and completion of paperwork quality
• Monitoring visits to Subcontractors and ensure MI received is correct and timely
• Monitoring Programme aims – qualifications - Objectives and the ILR Sub-aims are met for London
• Timely terminations and claw-back
• Retain full and up to date awareness of Government Funding and ILR Guidance
• Liaise with external bodies in relation to external audit
• During audits ensure that learner file management / processes / content to meet ESFA requirements
• Agree and manage follow up audit points
• Conduct follow up audits – identifying common errors / training needs / good practice
• Provide the London management team with a monthly report on all quality and compliance matters
• Provide staff training, where required, on funding guidance and audit compliance
• Work with central team to develop relevant policies and procedures for claiming and monitoring for audit purposes the drawing down of funding for Learner Support (LS) identification / inputting / support ensuring that we are managing the process for recording of LS meets the strict guidelines set by ESFA
• Whilst the central apps team will act as lead for any ESFA audits in London to ensure consistent message and approach across all centres this role is critical in ensuring FI ltd manages all risks
SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience of apprenticeship funding in an Audit and MIS role
• Experience of PICS/Onefile or similar systems highly desirable
• Strong working knowledge of ESFA Funded programmes such as Apprenticeships levy and non-levy
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Advanced IT skills and confident in using a range of IT tools
• Writing of bid and growth requests desirable
• An analytical and inquisitive mind determined to provide timely and accurate information
• Highly organised and good eye for detail
London office is located 5 min walk from Great Portland st, 10 min walk from Euston. We are a flexible employer and therefore for the right person would accommodate a balance of home and office work, although client and audit requirements mean this would not be contractual.
Competitive rate and benefits dependent on experience plus performance related bonus
Please note all potential employees are subject to a DBS Check to ensure our learners safety and this will be a mandatory requirement as part of final due diligence checks to the candidate offered the position.