An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a growing team and make apprenticeships accessible for increased number of participants.
This operational role is central to delivering the Lifelong Learning employer engagement strategy. The service aims to increase the number of learners directly trained by the Council service.
The post holder will establish and maintain employer links to enable an increase in the number of apprenticeships for all ages and/or employer placements for young people.
Main functions of the service are to deliver:
• an extensive programme of part-time Community Learning courses
• traineeships and apprenticeships to young people and adults
• accredited courses through an Adult Skills budget
• work experience and preparation for employment
• maximise income for young people and adults learning in Wandsworth e.g. European monies
This role will require excellent communication and negotiation skills as key relationships are established and developed with employers.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a successful track record of working with employers in apprenticeships and other related training and employability programmes. You will also have a good understanding of the needs of candidates and be able to match appropriate employers.
For an informal discussion please contact Joss New (Deputy Head of Lifelong Learning) on 07867151502.
Please apply on-line at: https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
PLEASE NOTE: This post is subject to a DBS check and CVs are not accepted.