Progress Coach – 40 Week Contract (TTO)
Faculty/Unit: Creative Digital and Enterprise
Salary points: 24 to 30 (£18,472.85 to £22,058.01) This includes annual leave payment
To provide educational, tutorial and careers support and guidance to a case load of learners on Study programmes; to ensure they are positively engaged with the learning journey, fully stretched and achieve their goals whilst enjoying their time at College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and coach learners to motivate them to maximise Study Programme achievement through robust action planning and target setting.
• Working collaboratively with teaching colleague to support learners to achieve their full potential, including Value Added at Level 3 and maths and English where appropriate.
• Continually work to support learners in attaining and maintaining Key College improvement targets relating to attendance, retention and achievement
• To respond immediately to unauthorised absence of students and develop interventions to engage students back to learning and contribute to processes and procedures for improving attendance.
• Update and respond to information on Pro Monitor in a timely manner.
• To work closely with Study Programme Leaders, vocational, maths and English and support tutors to identify at risk learners and support them to overcome barriers to learning and achievement.
• Keep confidential records and working with the Teaching, Learning and Assessment Quality Manager and Assistant Curriculum Managers provide reports and statistical data, as required.
• Take a shared role in the development, delivery and evaluation of an effective induction programme to meet the needs of learners (including late enrollers) and the College.
• Deliver sessions covering a wide range of topics in line with the College Tutorial Framework including Work Related Activity and Learn to Learn.
• Facilitate online learning to promote an independent and confident approach to learning.
• To work closely with employers to identify and secure vacancies, work placement and other opportunities.
• Monitor and support learners engaged in external work experience.
• Guide, monitor and support learners to progress to their intended destinations.
• Enable and encourage learners to access guidance related to their Study Programme, wellbeing and College experience.
• Liaise with Curriculum staff, parents/carers and external agencies or services as required and subject to confidentiality and relevant College Policies working in the best interest of each learner.
• To support the success of College events including Awards evenings, admissions events and transition activities.
• Celebrate the diversity of our learners and enable all learners to participate equally.
• Contribute positively to meetings and staff development.
• To continually reflect on best practice, effect change and seek help and support when you need it.
Critical Success Factors of this post:
• Improve attendance, retention and achievement
• To increase success rates across all aspect of the Study Programme
• Increase positive progression
Important additional information:
The post holder will work in an environment of constant change and pressure where personal expertise and professional conduct will be seen as the exemplar standard for all learners. In such a position the utmost integrity and alignment to organisational values is paramount.
The post holder must have the ability to work across the College with a wide range of staff and learners and be able to support needs accordingly.