At Hart Learning Group we’re passionate about helping people realise their potential and we’re determined to do an amazing job – whether we’re helping NHC students get to where they want to be in life or helping our business clients attract and retain the talent they need.
We are looking for an organised, motivated and flexible individual to support the effective delivery of our education programme at Airbus Foundation Discovery Space (AFDS) in Stevenage. Our facility has been designed specifically to engage and inspire young people from Key Stage 2 upwards to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
The majority of our visitors are school and education groups. You will be the first point of contact; you will welcome them in person or on the phone; answering or referring enquiries on to the relevant member of the team. You will support the team to administer and deliver exceptional customer service in our dealings with both internal and external customers.
You will support the team to develop and maintain procedures to operate the facility effectively, including financial administration.
• Hours: 37
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Participation in the Group’s performance related pay scheme
• Flexible/part time working options considered (minimum 0.8 FTE)
Role And Responsibilities
• To work on the reception desk taking responsibility for all duties related to the provision of a front of house service, this includes welcoming visitors and assisting the customer journey process from initial enquiry, booking and visit.
• To raise invoices, take fees and any other payments related to the business. Support the Centre Manager to monitor and manage the budget. Administer and bank all monies and maintain accurate records.
• To deal with the public, customers, employers, stakeholders, students and staff in an appropriate manner.
• Support and help develop procedures for the effective administration and operation of the facility including using in house systems for inputting and updating customer records and enquiries.
• To assist with the management and maintenance of equipment and learning support materials. Monitor stock levels and arrange for replenishment as required.
• Have knowledge of the Discovery Space Education Programme in order to assist customers with their enquiries.
• To support the team to manage and deliver internal and external events as and when required.
• A customer focussed approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with external customers.
• Proven organisational skills and able to work under own initiative.
• Good IT skills, GCSE A* to C or equivalent in maths and English.
• Enjoy working as part of a team.
• Positive and enthusiastic. Able to work flexibly and adapt quickly and creatively to new situations.
• Experience of financial or account management would be an advantage though training will be provided.
Who We Are
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities we serve through learning. The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
• North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
• Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
• The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy and Roebuck Primary in Stevenage.
Airbus Foundation Discovery Space
Airbus Defence and Space and North Hertfordshire College, with support from Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership, have worked together to develop a unique facility designed to inspire young people to pursue STEM careers. Discovery Space is based at the Airbus site in Stevenage.
We offer an interactive hands on education programme aimed primarily at school groups from Key Stage 2 upwards. The first programme of work being used as inspiration is the build and test of the ExoMars Rover vehicle and as part of their visit, students have access to a viewing gallery where they can see the Exo and Mars Rover vehicle being tested.
Discovery Space includes state of the art teaching space and interactive exhibits and provides a unique experience that we hope will inspire more young people to consider and follow a career in STEM occupations.
• To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFER RECRUITMENT STATEMENT
Hart Learning and Development is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (D