Hounslow, West London
Required for September 2018
Woodbridge Park is a KS1-KS4 Pupil Referral Service responsible for the education of students permanently excluded from school, as well as students who have special educational and medical needs preventing them attending mainstream school.
The Service was judged as ‘good’ with outstanding features for Behaviour and Safety in its last Ofsted Inspection (October 2012).
Following the retirement of the current post holder, the Management Committee is seeking to appoint an inspirational, visionary and dynamic Head Teacher who will lead the service through a period of opportunity, growth and development. This is a challenging post which will shape not only the Alternative Provision across Hounslow but will also lay the foundations for the life chances of young people for whom mainstream provision is not always the best match for their needs.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations of students, their achievements and behaviour
• Have the vision to anticipate the shape of future AP and the skills required to be an instigator of innovative developments as well as the ability to implement, refine and shape these.
• Be able to lead and inspire a committed and hard-working team to achieve and maintain excellent practice
• Be an excellent communicator in a wide range of settings, working with individual families and local communities
• Have experience of working with students who display challenging behaviour, either in mainstream or special schools
• Be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau check.
Closing Date for the receipt of completed applications: Monday 23rd April 2018 at 5.00pm
Interviews are scheduled to take place: Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd April 2018
To apply please visit https://wpes.org.uk/vacancies/
Applicants are encouraged to visit our Service. A tour of our Primary Provision and KS4 will also be available on Friday 20th April at 2pm. If you are interested in visiting these sites, please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Milli Cowling on: email@example.com.
Our Service is proud of its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.