Job Title: IT Manager
Full time salary: £35,171 to £39,586/ 37hr week
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses, work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, and currently in the top 5% of College’s in the UK for 16-18 student success.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join our successful IT team. This post will ideally suit someone with a strong 3rd line technical/infrastructure support background with proven IT Management experience.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the IT Team, with overall responsibility for Incident, Problems and Change Management, providing support and guidance to the 1st ,2nd, 3rd line support areas ensuring a responsive, friendly, customer and solution focused IT support service is provided to staff and students. You will work with the Head of IT to deliver the Technology Strategy and be responsible to managing and delivering IT projects to best practice while working with a range of stakeholders across the organisation.
The post holder must lead by example and possess excellent customer service, communication, time management and organisational skills, have a ‘can do’ approach, with a determination to succeed and see problems through to a solution.
Key qualities sought: e.g.
• Demonstrable experience working in a 3rd line technical/infrastructure support role
• An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude to strengthen the Colleges’ culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment.
• Enjoyment in managing multiple tasks and prioritising to achieve deadlines
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Demonstrable experience of managing IT projects and change management
• Strong team management, interpersonal and organisational skills
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. If the post falls under the definition of regulated activity it will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
If you have a disability and meet the minimum criteria, you will be offered an interview.
For an information pack and application form, please visit our website www.calderdale.ac.uk or contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01422 399311
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 26/03/18
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work”