Full time salary: £15,469 - £20,660/37 hours per week
Describe what the role is responsible for:
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses, work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, and currently in the top 5% of College’s in the UK for 16-18 student success.
We have an opportunity to join our successful IT team in providing 1st & 2nd Support to staff and students. This post will ideally suit someone with previous IT Support and customer service experience, having worked in a dynamic team and capable of managing tasks and prioritising effectively.
You will be responsible for performing incident and problem management, providing a responsive, friendly, customer and solution focused IT support service to staff and students. You will be required to work flexible shift patterns covering 08:00 – 16:00, 09:00 – 17:00 or 11:00 – 19:00. The post holder must be technically confident in providing hardware and software support, possess excellent customer service, communication, time management and organisational skills, have a ‘can do’ approach, with a determination to succeed and see problems through to a solution.
To support the successful candidates’ continual development, you will be required to undertake a work based learning qualification as part of the role. This will be based on individual needs, but may include a Technical, Customer Service or Business IT Administration qualification.
Key qualities sought:
• Demonstrable experience working in a customer focussed technical support / IT Helpdesk role.
• Experience supporting desktop hardware & software, mobile phones, tablets and peripheral devices.
• An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude which will strengthen the colleges’ culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment.
• Enjoyment in working on multiple tasks and prioritising to achieve deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational, time management and team working skills
• Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. If the post falls under the definition of regulated activity it will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
If you have a disability and meet the minimum criteria, you will be offered an interview.
For an information pack and application form, please visit our website www.calderdale.ac.uk or contact Human Resources on email@example.com or on 01422 399311
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 26/03/18
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work”