Are you a positive, innovative and enthusiastic individual with a passion for providing high quality teaching to students?
If so, Brockenhurst College are looking for Boatbuilding Lecturer/Assessor in to join their Marine team in at Marchwood Skills Centre. They are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to teach, support and assess Boatbuilding students, ensuring that all students meet their individual targets.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, then please apply for this Boatbuilding Lecturer/Assessor role today!
As a lecturer in Boatbuilding you will have the responsibility of continually improving the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching and learning. You will teach and assess a on a range of courses; preparing and assessing student work and monitoring progress towards individual targets. You will also have the responsibility of keeping records and providing timely reports to learner, parents, employers and college managers, as appropriate. You will also contribute to the design, delivery and future planning of the curriculum, taking on any feedback or suggestions, ensuring the constant evolution and improvement of teaching at the college.
Additionally, you will act as a personal tutor if required, and work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
The role will be claims teaching and assessing currently with approx. 10hrs teaching a week (for 36 weeks split over 2 days) and a case load of approx. 18 (2 days assessing) though with continued growth this could increase.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
· Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area
· Teacher training qualification or evidence of working towards the completion of this
· Ability to manage learners and assess efficiently
· Ability to develop effective learning resources
· Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area with special emphasis on Marine Engineering or Boatbuilding
· Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements
· Flexible, adaptable and positive approach to teaching
· Excellent organisational, communication, teaching and administrative skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
· Strong commitment to meeting the needs of students
If this Boatbuilding Assessor/Lecturer opportunity is something you are interested in please apply today by clicking the link and completing an application through our careers portal.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.