St Mary’s Training Centre Ltd (SMTC) was founded in 2007 and is a subsidiary company of Southampton Football Club competing in the highest tier of English football.
SMTC has two main functions:
To identify and provide for the training needs of SFC as direct provider or facilitator;
To identify and secure external training contracts and develop revenue streams.
Our diverse culture at the Club and staff competencies mean that we are subject experts across many areas including security and spectator safety, through to hospitality, management and most recently the successful launch of Apprenticeships in Business Admin, Customer Service and Team leading promote a need for an experienced and driven Assessor to join our team.
What is the role?
We have a brand new and exciting role of Management Training Coach, which has been introduced to support and deliver a range of management training and coaching initiatives to internal and external partners. The role will be part of a team delivering dynamic learning solutions for internal stakeholders and external partners, specifically supporting our management of apprentice and masterclass programmes.
The role will play an active part in developing and delivering management training solutions guided by the Groups’ strategic vision and mission which is to turn Potential into Excellence in everything we do, by engaging and promoting the Southampton Way. You will create, manage and deliver these programmes and ensure they are diverse to ensure they suit the learners’ and/or employer needs.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive experience in management in a range of different environments. We would like you to have experience of working in an Education, Training or a Learning and Development environment. Your experience will be with designing customer led training solutions or education curriculums.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experienced manager in a range of different environments.
• Experience of working in an education, training or L&D environment.
• High quality teaching and learning delivery that is innovative.
• Designing customer led training solutions or education curriculums.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
• Educated to degree level or above, or with equivalent experience
• Management or CIPD qualification.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
• Teaching, A1 or V1 qualification.
• Coaching and mentoring qualification.
• Project Management (PRINCE2, IPMA, CAPM).
• Knowledge of leadership and management methodologies and best practice.
• Thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic and engaging presentation style.
• A good level of English and mathematics.
• Creative mind-set.
• IT literate – can use word, Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate to advanced level.
• Quality focused – takes responsibility for high quality of work, projects and delivery.
• Can work well within a team.
• Understanding of learning and skills needs analysis.
• Understanding of psychometric testing and business benefits.
• Teaching innovations and technology and quality compliance.
• Knowledge of government funded training, specifically apprenticeships and the Levy.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Worldwide Travel Insurance.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is 18 March 2018.