Do you have strong knowledge of the principles of engineering?
Do you have industrial experience in a relevant Engineering environment?
Do you have strong experience in the delivery of BTEC level 3?
If so, Bournemouth and Poole College would like you to apply for our Lecturer in
Engineering role. As part of our Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing team, you will deliver high quality and effective teaching to Bournemouth and Poole College students. You will be working with student learners working toward their Engineer Qualification. We are looking for someone who is dynamic and has an innovative approach, passion for building excellent working relationships and an adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages.
If you believe you have the skills and knowledge to join this successful team, then please apply today!
Bournemouth and Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, we have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
We have approximately 1000 learners within Engineering; this is a mix of both full time and apprentice learners. The area employs 45 staff who are deployed across our curriculum which covers:
• Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Welding and CAD)
• Marine (Electrical, Engineering, Boat Building and Composites)
• Motor Vehicle
• Higher Education (HNC, FdEng, BEng and MEng)
• Construction and Built Environment
As an Engineering Lecturer, you will have the responsibility of continually improving the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching and learning. You will teach and assess on a range of courses; preparing and assessing student work and monitoring progress towards individual targets. You will also have the responsibility of keeping records and providing timely reports to learners, parents, employers and college managers, as appropriate. You will also contribute to the design, delivery and future planning of the curriculum, taking on any feedback or suggestions, ensuring the constant evolution and improvement of teaching at the college.
Additionally, you will act as a personal tutor if required, and work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
• Strong experience in the delivery of BTEC level 3
• Level 3 Engineering Qualification or equivalent
• Clear understanding and knowledge of the various engineering processes
• Strong knowledge of the principles of engineering
• Strong industry links which will enhance the curriculum/student experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ industrial experience in a relevant engineering environment
• The desire to seek continuous professional development
• The ability to carry out milling and turning on manual/ conventional machines
• A high level of ability working with hand tools and maintenance equipment
• Competence in IT, able to design and use simple spreadsheets, able to input and retrieve information from a computer
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
• Strong interest in developing resources
If you feel you have what it takes for this Engineering Lecturer role, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.