Location: Stevenage And Working Across Group Sites
We’re passionate about helping people realise their potential and we’re determined to do an amazing job – whether we’re helping NHC students get to where they want to be in life or helping Hart L&D clients attract and retain the talent they need.
Working to the Head of Planning and Data, you will be responsible for management of key ILR and data-validation processes, play a key role in curriculum planning and financial management, and provide colleagues with accurate operational data. Working closely with colleagues in the information services, reporting and exams teams, you will maintain the course file and drive activity that produces clean, valid, optimised data returns.
• Circa £40k basic salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be responsible for running operational ILR and funding data processes to produce accurate, optimised data for submission to ESFA, HEFCE and others; ad hoc analysis to support internal operational information needs.
• Take ownership of the ProAchieve system, including uploading ILR data, maintenance of structure files and liaising with colleagues in the IT team to ensure robust upgrades.
• Maintain the Group course file, operational annual processes such as curriculum and fee rollover, and submissions of course data to external agencies, e.g. HotCourses, National Careers Service.
• With the Head of Planning and Data and with managers and staff across the Group, providing pro-active and interventionist direction to operational and financial planning for both annual and day-to-day processes; work with budget holders to maximise revenue and with the Data Quality & Compliance Manager to ensure data and funding compliance.
• Attend either the College or the Hart L&D management team.
• Collaborate with the Head of Planning and Data and Data Quality & Compliance Manager to prepare for and manage internal and external funding and ILR data audits.
• Provide scheduled and accurate operational data to the finance and other business units to meet financial or operational management deadlines.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of relevant MI systems, including UNIT-e and ProAchieve.
• Ability to prepare, error check, validate and optimise ILR files using sector software and reports e.g. FIS, PDSAT, Score, Hub FAM reports.
• Strong working knowledge of sector funding rules, ILR specification and associated audit evidence requirements, including ESFA and HEFCE.
• Working knowledge of using MS Access and Excel to produce reports.
• Strong, pro-active communication and presentation skills – including ability to discuss and present data.
WHO WE ARE
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities we serve through learning. The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
• North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
• Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
• The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy and The Roebuck School in Stevenage.
In 2015/16 we supported over 6,000 students, including 2,200 full time students at NHC, 1,600 apprentices and 400 trainees through Hart L&D.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students get where they want to be in life.
If you are looking for a new opportunity within an organisation that is progressive and striving for outstanding please apply today.
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com