LOCATION: STEVENAGE AND WORKING ACROSS GROUP SITES
We’re passionate about helping people realise their potential and we’re determined to do an amazing job – whether we’re helping NHC students get to where they want to be in life or helping Hart L&D clients attract and retain the talent they need.
Working to the Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for the management of cross-Group data including data systems, data processing and data quality. You will manage our data relationship with funding partners, play a key role in curriculum planning and financial management, ensure that internal and external suppliers of systems are meeting performance indicators, ensure that colleagues in the reporting and exams teams have accurate data for analysis and reporting.
• Up to £65k basic salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead responsibility for and management of staff undertaking legally and contractually compliant data processing, data quality and data systems in NHC and Hart L&D to ensure accuracy and integrity including e.g. application, enrolment, on-programme, achievement and destination data.
• Work with senior and operational managers across the Group, providing pro-active and interventionist direction to operational and financial planning for both annual and day-to-day processes. (To include attending College and/or Hart L&D management team.)
• Ownership of the funding relationship (including super-user) with ESFA, HEFCE and others as required including e.g. submission of accurate, optimised, ILRs to ESFA each month.
• Ensure that there is the required and up-to-date knowledge, interpretation and understanding of funding contracts and guidelines across the Group; work with budget holders to maximise revenue and with the Data Quality & Compliance Manager to ensure contractual compliance.
• Accountability for audit compliance with ESFA, HEFCE, internal and external audit etc. Ensure that data is accurate and compliant – manifesting in clean audit reports.
• Management of relationships with, and performance of, key data systems suppliers.
• Provide scheduled and accurate data to the finance and other business units to meet financial management deadlines.
• A proven track record in high level management and use of data in an education setting.
• The ability to look at the big picture and determine appropriate levels of and approaches to communicating operational detail.
• Deep working understanding of ESFA, HEFCE, etc. funding, compliance and audit regimes.
• Strong, pro-active communication and presentation skills – including discussion and presentation of complex data.
• Strong project and risk management skills – including to lead substantial, discrete, project work.
• Excellent technical skills in use and understanding of relevant MI systems.
WHO WE ARE
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities we serve through learning. The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
• North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
• Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
• The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy and The Roebuck School in Stevenage.
In 2015/16 we supported over 6,000 students, including 2,200 full time students at NHC, 1,600 apprentices and 400 trainees through Hart L&D.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students get where they want to be in life.
If you are looking for a new opportunity within an organisation that is progressive and striving for outstanding, then please apply today.
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com