Location: Stevenage and working across group sites
We’re passionate about helping people realise their potential and we’re determined to do an amazing job – whether we’re helping NHC students get to where they want to be in life or helping Hart L&D clients attract and retain the talent they need.
To assist with the administration of student records, timetables and register related data. You will be able to work under pressure and have proven organisational skills and experience in using Microsoft Office applications. Working across a team you will have good attention to detail and sound interpersonal and communication skills.
• Up to £26K basic salary
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deputising for the Quality and Data Compliance Manager when required.
• As directed by the Quality and Data Compliance Manager, take a business partnership approach in acting as a central point of contact to managers on student record, timetabling and data quality or compliance, providing proactive and reactive advice, troubleshooting and chasing missing information.
• Updating and maintaining accurate student related data including enrolments, registers, timetables and other information as this becomes available. Ensuring data and paper records are maintained, easily accessible as well as audit and funding compliant.
• Investigating missing/incomplete data and resolve discrepancies, including ILR validation errors and data quality issues.
• Responding to internal and external enquiries regarding student information, data and student record system queries.
• Supporting main college enrolment, including managing cash and taking responsibility for balance of monies.
• Assisting the Quality and Data Compliance Manager in reviewing and updating departmental policies and practices and ensuring full compliance with all procedures.
• Understanding the various funding available and an understanding of how the data affects funding claims. Advising on student eligibility including those from overseas.
• Attending and delivering training and service update events when required.
• Providing exceptional customer service to all staff, students and college visitors.
• Supporting College responsibilities relating to GDPR.
• The post holder should hold a level 2, or above in Numeracy and Literacy
• Exceptional Customer Service, good IT skills and organisational skills, ability to think logically, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• An eye for detail and accuracy of work
• Willingness to learn new skills with excellent communication skills
• Outgoing and enthusiastic approach to all aspects of the work and able to use initiative and work with minimum supervision
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and work as part of a team
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role and experience in use of learner records systems or similar databases
WHO ARE WE
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities we serve through learning. The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
• North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
• Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
• The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy and The Roebuck School in Stevenage.
In 2015/16 we supported over 6,000 students, including 2,200 full time students at NHC, 1,600 apprentices and 400 trainees through Hart L&D.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students get where they want to be in life.
If you are looking for a new opportunity within an organisation that is progressive and striving for outstanding please apply today.
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com