Job Title: Education Manager, Europe
Reports To: Chief Education Officer
Job Classification: Salary
Travel Frequency: 34% of Travel Annually
The Education Manager is responsible for the development and evaluation of new curriculum and content, as defined in the strategic plan, as well as ongoing development of the Coffee Skills Program (CSP). The Education Manager will work closely with volunteers, including CSP Creators, Guilds and Chapters, as well as coffee and education industry professionals. The Education Manager is the liaison between SCA Staff and relevant Education Advisory Council members and committees.
1. Developing new curricula and education offerings (non-Coffee Skills Program curricula)
• Assist in the development of new curriculum (for example Coffee Technician Guild and Sustainability);
• Develop and maintain evaluation system regarding new programming and curricula and report as directed;
• In conjunction with key SCA staff, volunteers and other education/coffee professionals, develop:
o template education content for SCA chapters;
o template Continuing Professional Development (CPD) content for Authorised SCA Trainers (ASTs).
• Act as liaison between Research and Education Centres to:
o facilitate dissemination of new research to staff, trainers, volunteers and wider membership;
o ensure education content across all programmes is current and valid.
2. Coffee Skills Program (CSP)
• Maintain CSP in conjunction with Creators and staff to ensure relevancy and accuracy
• Further develop and maintain feedback and revision system (Ongoing Release Program) for CSP;
• Direct queries concerning CSP as appropriate
3. Education at Events
• Work closely with guild team members and event staff in the creation of educational programing at events;
• With Junior Education Delivery Manager, ensure educational programming is delivered appropriately at events.
• Support the work of Education Advisory Council and committees;
• Contribute to regular SCA and SCA Education team meetings;
• Answer queries about SCA Education;
• All other duties commensurate with the role.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
• Minimum two years’ experience in post-compulsory education or training
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively;
• Ability to work independently and to use initiative as necessary;
• Good knowledge of the coffee industry;
• Willingness to travel outside of office hours.
• Excellent knowledge of SCA and SCA Education;
• Post-graduate qualification in education;
• Experience of writing and/or editing for publication;
• Experience of working with volunteers;
• Competency in one additional language;
• Experience of event planning;
• Ability to communication through social media.