Principal & Chief Executive
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Salary: £100,000 - £120,000 per annum (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Hours of Work: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes on: Monday 29 January 2018
Fareham College offers brand new state of the art facilities comprising of workshops, teaching classrooms, learning resource centres, restaurants, a theatre, a hair & beauty salon and associated facilities. We operate over a number of sites which are either purpose built or significantly updated and refurbished following an investment of £34m. In November 2017, the College received an ‘Outstanding’ judgement in its latest Ofsted inspection, making it only one of three colleges in the country to have converted to the highest grade in more than two years. The successful candidate will lead a team of over 300 academic and business support staff. We work closely with employers to provide the very best technical and professional training to set our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers.
“Students achieved excellent results across their Level 3 studies, with one in five achieving a triple distinction” August 2017
“Best Educational Building - LABC South East Building Awards” CEMAST 2015
“CETC – Civil Engineering Groundworks Apprenticeship” Opened in September 2017
“CEMAST wins BAE Systems Apprenticeship Contract” Commenced September 2017
“Finalist in the AA Hospitality Awards’ College Restaurant of the Year” October 2017
“Britain’s Healthiest Work Place - Award for Most Improved Workplace” October 2017
“Outstanding” Ofsted November 2017
“TES FE Awards for FE College of the Year” shortlisted for February 2018 Awards
“Our new Principal – You” 2018
We are looking for a Principal & Chief Executive with proven experience/skills in the following areas:
• Advanced leadership skills - adapting and managing change projects, making difficult decisions whilst still maintaining a motivated team
• Financial acumen to understand key drivers and respond with clear timely and measurable recommendations
• Able to respond effectively in a rapidly changing environment
• Student engagement to deliver high quality outcomes and guiding students into employment.
• Employer engagement and responding to sector opportunities, including partnering individual organisations and groups of businesses within sectors
• Exploit the reputational opportunities arising from an ‘Outstanding’ organisation and deliver growth in student numbers and continually improve quality
• Advanced communication skills and the ability to adapt to different groups including; students, employers, politicians, educationalists and Governors
• Open management style and most importantly a sense of humour - making the experience fun.
More information on the position can be found by visiting
35 Days Annual Leave, Option for Local Government/Teachers Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
Interview Dates: 28th February & 1st March 2018
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It requires all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.