Are you a Teacher of English looking for a step up into leadership?
Would you like your ideas and strategies for raising attainment to be heard and put into practice?
Would you like to work in a dynamic and successful Academy where you are supported and valued?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy is seeking a self-motivated and committed teacher of English who is ready and able to support our Director of English with the leadership of the English faculty. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a successful team, compromising of 8 full time teachers. The department is very successful and contributes significantly to the wider school community. As part of the role, the successful candidate will be the strategic lead for KS4 and work closely with the senior leadership team to raise achievement and innovate teaching & learning.
We are looking for a creative, flexible and ambitious candidate dedicated to supporting the needs of all our students. If you have the verve and enthusiasm to bring about new ideas and is excited about putting into place effective strategies to raise attainment for all students then this role is for you! We are really looking to recruit an excellent candidate to join our team and are willing to pay an additional recruitment and retention allowance for the right person who will drive attainment in English forward.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold Qualified Teaching Status
• Have an established and evidenced practice as an outstanding teacher
• Have experience of leading teaching and learning initiatives beyond their own classroom
• Have excellent understanding of the components which comprise outstanding teaching and learning
• Be able to use assessment and attainment information to improve practice and raise standards
• Have a vision for the development of teaching and learning and have strategies to enhance this
• Start Date: Easter 2018
• Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2b + Recruitment and Retention Allowance
• Job Role: Permanent, Full Time
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities and excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
• Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
• Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
• Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
Teacher Testimonial: “Being a leader at The Chalk Hills Academy is very rewarding. You have the freedom to design initiatives and senior colleagues support these. I really enjoy the satisfaction of seeing the impact of my work and those smiley faces on Results Day. I have definitely developed my leadership skills since working at the academy. I would recommend attending the leadership courses that are offered.”
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Friday 15th December at 12pm Interviews: W/C 18th December 2017
Please read the information in this pack. If you decide to apply, please apply online via our career site on www.thesharedlearningtrust.careers.eteach.com.