Head of Human Resources
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Permanent, full time - 37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
Based at Hewett Academy, Norwich
Starting: As soon as possible
The Inspiration Trust is a one of the UK's leading schools charities, delivering the very best educational experience for the young people of Norfolk and Suffolk across our 14 schools. We cover the full gamut of schools from nursery to sixth form, with some of the region's leading results at GCSE and A Level.
We are looking for a truly exceptional head of human resources to join our central team. Reporting to our chief operating officer, you will oversee the day-to-day running of the HR department (managing a team of advisors) and will be responsible for enhancing employee engagement through the full employee lifecycle. The role will involve both high level thinking, including best practice process improvements as well as day-to-day duties and project work where required.
You’ll need to be a skilled HR practitioner (CIPD qualified), with strong generalist experience, however, experience of working in a school would be an advantage. This should include: advising and managing complex ER cases, leading restructures, TUPE and redundancy, and implementing reward arrangements.
You’ll take a ‘light-touch’ approach to everything you do, with a questioning and curious approach. You will be an inspiring role model and people manager with great collaborative and influencing skills who can support the continuous development of the HR function.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Running the HR function and delivering the HR agenda
• Creating and sustaining the right culture
• Training and development of employees at all levels
• Operate effectively at both strategic and hands-on tactical levels
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Minimum of 5 years recent experience in HR, ideally most recently as an HR Manager
• CIPD (or similar) qualified
• Proven track record of successfully running and delivering projects with significant business impact
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment legislation and regulations, and a proven track record of successfully managing ER matters; balancing the needs of the business with those of the individual
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Passion for best practice HR, particularly related to enhancing the employee experience
• Ability to inspire and motivate others and a keen interest in helping people to progress and develop
• Ability to manage a varied and demanding work load in a fast paced, people and customer centric environment
• Critical thinking ability with strong organisational, time management and problem solving skills. Must take ownership and accountability of processes.
• Ability to drive processes forward in clear, concise and appropriate manner
• Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Proficient in managing competing priorities and multi-task in a constantly changing environment while adhering to strict deadlines
• Confidence in having tough conversations and be able to coach others on how to have them effectively
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to delivering excellent service and to building and sustaining productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholder
• A professional and positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and networking skills at a senior level
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information
For more details and to apply, please visit www.inspirationtrust.org/vacancies
Closing date for applications: 12pm, Friday, November 24 2017
Interview date: w/c November 27 2017