Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: 22nd November 2017
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint those with a true desire to help and assist our customers in a friendly, helpful and polite manner as a Site Host Receptionist.
The Front of House team at Milton Keynes College are seeking Receptionists with exceptional skills in delivering outstanding service to be a Site Host. The role of a Site Host Receptionist demands an individual who is customer focussed, friendly, and helpful with excellent communication skills. You will have a fresh outlook on the way you work with customers and have a passion for helping people. Nothing should be too much trouble and you should have a natural ability to resolving and helping with customer queries. You will enjoy working within a team of professionals who all have a commitment to our students.
At Milton Keynes College, our Reception area is the first encounter our customers, students, visitors and potential employees have with and we aim to make sure that we cast a great first impression. Whether this be in person or by telephone, we aim to create an outstanding first impression and deliver a level of service that exceeds our customer expectations. This is a varied and exciting role that involves working both front of house on our busy and bustling reception areas or back of house supporting with administration and general enquiries.
As a successful candidate you will have…
• Recent experience of working in a Customer Service role
• Demonstrate that you have utilised Microsoft Excel and Word in previous roles
• Reliable and punctual
• Good communication skills - written
• Good communication skills - verbal
• Commitment to students and students’ success
• Able to motivate self and others
• Have thinking ability: able to plan, communicate and problem solve effectively
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Professional and well-presented appearance/manner
More about the rewards
• 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
• Amazing discounts with NUS card , ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more…
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
For further information
Visit: www.mkcollege.ac.uk/jobs Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us @MKCollegeJobs
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community