Workplace Trainer: Business & Administration
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,015 - £32,579 Pro Rata, Per Annum
Closing date: TBC
Have you got fantastic communication skills? Do you relish the challenge of supporting an expanding operation? Milton Keynes College are looking for a dedicated Workplace assessor to join us.
As a Workplace Trainer, your role will be dynamic, varied and highly rewarding working with employers, apprentices and curriculum teams. Workplace trainers are assigned a caseload of apprentices to train and assess throughout the evolution of their apprenticeship. You will maintain a strong working relationship with your apprentices and employer links to ensure that apprenticeship standards are being met and that apprentices are progressing to complete on time.
Due to the Department expanding to meet the needs of the employers of Milton Keynes and the surrounding area the department are looking for a Workplace Trainer/Assessor to work with employers and learners to provide a quality learning experience for students and great employer links for the college.
The College believes its purpose is to transform lives through the quality of the learning experience it offers. It is modelling new ways of working and operating designed to co-produce better skills outcomes for employers and learning outcomes for students. The College is part of the UK’s fastest growing economy and serves a community of more than 300,000 people with over 12,000 students each year.
More about the rewards
• 30 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
• Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
• Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
• Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
• Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
• Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
• 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
• Plus many more…
As a successful candidate you will have…
• Hold a teaching qualification or willing to work towards
• Ideally hold an Assessor/IQA qualification or willing to work towards
• Qualified to level 4 or higher in Business Administration
• Ideally hold a Health & Safety qualification, IOSH or equivalent
• Have strong vocational experience and/or occupational competence in the subjects taught and assessed
• Good English, maths and IT skills to level 2
• Experience of assessing Apprenticeships and standalone QCF NVQs
• Experience of designing and delivering workplace skills and knowledge training sessions
Please note offers will be subject to the successful candidate completing additional government security clearance checks.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed “safer recruitment” employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.