Operational Quality Lead
Grade: FE Management Spine Point 7 - 10 £32,814.08 - £36,015.26
Permanent, 36 hours per week
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
You will play a key role within the Adult and Community Education service, supporting our ambition to deliver excellence in teaching and learning and assessment across all its provision. An excellent communicator, you will be highly motivated and foster a culture of continuous improvement through working directly with staff and learners.
You will be expected to drive forward the comprehensive quality assurance framework to ensure continuous improvement.
Your passion for working with learners, delivering quality and innovation, paired with a commitment to building and supporting the professional development of tutors and assessors is essential.
• Lead on the services observation of teaching and learning policy, to ensure that all teaching staff are supported and able to develop further
• Support the senior management team to drive forward quality improvement strategies and achieve continuous improvement in key performance indicators across the service
• Coordinate the production/consultation and moderation process of the annual self-assessment report and produce the annual quality improvement plan
• Carry out a proportion of observations of teaching, learning and assessment; contribute to tutors’ development plans.
• Ability to coordinate strategically, identify opportunities for development of the service and promote innovation in delivery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write accurate reports in plain English and present complex information easily in an understandable form, ability to be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to maintain accurate records and manage outcomes, organising self and others to ensure that defined outcomes and goals are delivered effectively
• Ability to cope with continuous and complex changes, to be flexible, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Essential for the Role:
• Relevant vocational or professional subject specialist qualifications
• Recognised teaching qualification, Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong
• Learning Sector (DTTLs) PGCE or equivalent
• Although an IT qualification is not essential it is expected that you are able to use office software packages, management information systems effectively and are competent with Excel.
There is a requirement to pass an enhanced DBS check, which will be paid for by the service.
To apply, please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs and search by reference R0002509
Closing Date: 17th November 2017
Interview Date: w/c 20th November 2017