Shipley College is situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Saltaire and is committed to
high standards, encouraging staff and students to do their best and to aim high. Shipley
College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the
Do you have the necessary qualifications, skills and/or experience to deliver teaching, learning
and assessment and contribute to the effectiveness and success in Accountancy? For this post,
we welcome applications from those who are experienced in Accountancy but new to teaching;
those seeking a fractional post; potential Apprentices.
This lecturing role includes, but is not limited to the following activities:
● Planning, preparing, teaching/delivering modules and supporting learning on a range of
AAT Accountancy programmes from level 2 through to level 4 including the apprenticeship
provision using the new standards (includes AQ2016)
● The full time post will include coordination of the Accountancy provision providing
guidance, support and tutorship for learner groups and individuals as appropriate.
● The full time post may include teaching on other courses including full-time courses.
● Meeting both external and internal quality assurance processes in relation to programmes
● Developing and growing relationships with partnership organisations
● Carrying out academic administration duties as required
You should possess:
● A Professional Accountancy qualification (see person specification) or have significant
● Experience of working within a professional accountancy setting
● Ideally you will have experience of teaching Accountancy courses to include AAT
● Ideally you will also hold an Assessor Award
Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 22nd November 2017
Start Date: Ideally in December or ASAP thereafter (subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks)
You can download an application pack from our College website www.shipley.ac.uk or alternatively to request an application pack, please contact Shipley College Central Support on 01274 327395 or email email@example.com.
Completed application forms and equalities monitoring forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to Central Support, Shipley College, Salt Building, Victoria Road, Saltaire, BD18 3LQ.
We do ask that you accept, in the interests of economy, that if you have not heard from us by the interview date that you will not have been selected for interview on this occasion.