Electrical Installation Lecturer/ Course Leader – Full-Time – Permanent- Marchwood - £27,973-£36,119 pa
Do you have a level 3 qualification in Electrical Installation or a relevant subject area?
Are you a positive, innovative and enthusiastic individual with a passion for providing high quality teaching to students?
If so, Brockenhurst College are looking for an Electrical Installation Lecturer/ Course Leader to join their team in Marchwood. They are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to teach, support and assess Electrical Installation students, ensuring that all students meet their individual targets.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, then please apply today!
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As a Lecturer in Electrical Installation you will have the responsibility of continually improving the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching and learning. You will teach and assess on a range of courses; preparing and assessing student work and monitoring progress towards individual targets. You will also have the responsibility of keeping records and providing timely reports to learner, parents, employers and college managers, as appropriate. You will also contribute to the design, delivery and future planning of the curriculum, taking on any feedback or suggestions, ensuring the constant evolution and improvement of teaching at the College.
Additionally, you will act as a personal tutor if required, and work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area of electrical installation at Level 3
• Teacher training qualification or evidence of working towards the completion of this
• A1 Assessors Award Qualification
• Ability to manage learners
• Ability to teach a wide range of abilities from Level 1 to Level 3
• Ability to develop effective learning resources
• Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area
• Flexible, adaptable and positive approach to teaching
• Excellent organisational, communication, teaching and administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Strong commitment to meeting the needs of students
If this Electrical Installation Lecturer opportunity is something you are interested in please apply today by clicking the link and completing an application through our careers portal.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Closing date for all submissions is 22nd October 2017 with interview taking place shortly after this date.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.