You will be part of the Construction and Technology team, and will play a key role in supporting staff to ensure outstanding teaching and learning is experienced by our students. You will be responsible for the day to day running of workshops ensuring that there are tools and materials readily available for learners of all ages on engineering courses.
Key qualities sought:
• Recent engineering experience and up to date knowledge of products and materials
• Understanding of health & safety risk assessment/COSHH regulations
• Excellent literacy and communications skills.
• An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude which will strengthen the colleges’ culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment.
• Management of stores and the ordering of consumables.
• Good organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise workloads and manage time efficiently with high levels of personal organisation.
• Maths and English skills at level 2 (GCSE/CSE A-C or equivalent) or willingness to work towards.
• NVQ level 2 trade qualification or equivalent is preferred.
Your role within the team will be to provide expert support for tutors teaching to cohorts of learners throughout the duration of their qualifications. You will support learners as groups and individually throughout their practical sessions.
Closing date: 12noon Wednesday 27th September 2017