Job Title: Project Team Administrator
Fixed Term contract (until 1 June 2018)
Salary: circa £24,300
What it’s about
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Team Administrator to join the Service Improvement Team project management office (PMO)
The Service Improvement Team is within the Operations Division and is an established team that adds value to our division by delivering projects that include a combination of business change, process improvement and technology related transforming the way Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) operates.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with excellent administrative and organisational abilities to transfer their skills into the PMO function. In return we will help you develop your long term ambitions at Cambridge Assessment.
What you’ll be doing
The work is diverse and offers the opportunity to apply and develop your administrative and organisational skills supporting a wide variety of large projects. The primary responsibilities include:
• Assistance with the creation of high quality progress reports and presentations for various audiences
• Coordinate an overview of change impacts, risks and issues across the project portfolio.
• Coordinate an overview of the resource profile across the project portfolio.
• Provide administrative support to projects that will contribute to the delivery of CIE’s change strategy.
• Assist Project Managers as and when required.
• Maintenance of a central repository for project documentation.
• Support user acceptance testing of systems and knowledge transfer at appropriate times.
• Support the training of CIE staff and key stakeholders in new processes and systems to meet the requirements of CIE’s strategy, including the production of supporting documentation and/or user manuals.
• Maintain records and systems for the Service Improvement Team.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will be competent in the use of MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum. They will be a self-starter, comfortable working on their own initiative with minimal supervision, and with the ability to work under pressure meeting demanding deadlines.
Candidates will have strong administrative experience, ideally within a project environment, however we are open to applications from those looking to break into this new field. Candidates will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate at all levels. In addition they will have a high level of numeracy skills, good planning and decision making skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent work tasks.
Who we are
Cambridge International Examinations prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th August 2017 and interviews will be held on 12th September 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER