Motor Vehicle Tutors
Locations: Watford or Daventry or Loughborough
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: Up to £35,000 + benefits
Skillnet is a specialist provider of Apprenticeships in the automotive sector. Operating nationally each year we manage the training for more than 4000 people. We run the national Apprenticeship Programmes for Ford, Daf Trucks and Scania Great Britain as well as programmes for independent motor businesses
Main Purpose of Job
Our tutors deliver an outstanding level of practical and theoretical learning to Apprentices. Lessons are carefully designed to meet the high standards of our customers and awarding organisation requirements
Main Duties and responsibilities
• Classroom delivery of automotive (light vehicle and heavy vehicle maintenance and repair) and functional skills programmes in house and on client sites.
• Development of schemes of work, learning materials and assignments
• Assessment of learners’ work and examinations in accordance with internal and external criteria, ensuring that quality standards are developed and maintained.
• Liaison with Regional Skills Managers to ensure co-ordination between on-the-job and off-the-job training
• Liaison with employers
• Preparation and development of practical facilities and providing Technician/Lecturer support as necessary.
• Carry out induction training as detailed in current procedures
• Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline
• Participate in careers and marketing events as necessary
• To act as may be necessary in other ways to assist the organisation to meet its objectives
Key Competencies required for role:
• Must be well organised
• Understanding of customers views and needs.
• Produce clear and accurate data within given deadlines
• Good Communication skills and deliver at all levels and using a variety of media
• Be able to work on own and within a team.
• Have a passion for own and others development
• GCSE’s in English, Maths and ICT or their equivalent
• Relevant Automotive trade qualification
• Teacher qualifications beneficial but not imperative as Skillnet will support applicants to achieve their teaching qualifications with us
• Private Healthcare
• 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and updated CV to: Recruitment4Skillnet@skillnet.org.uk or contact Eugene Lowry, our Director of Delivery on 01923 630800 or 07872 604288