Head of Sales
Location: Croxley, nr Watford but with significant UK travel
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: –Up to £80,000 per annum + £7200 car allowance, significant bonus and other benefits
Main Purpose of Job:
Skillnet has ambitious plans for growth based on our success to date and the opportunities that currently exist in the marketplace. As part of the broadening of our offer to increase our penetration of existing customers and to win new ones we are developing new areas of delivery to include new apprenticeships and other full cost recovery training programmes. This role will spearhead the market introduction of these new areas. The brief for this post-holder will be to manage the strategic development of Skillnet’s business growth in all of its target markets including:
• Independent Automotive Employers
• Existing and prospective Automotive Manufacturer contracts
• Other funded income streams including Traineeships
• Other commercial income streams
• Schools and colleges
• New Apprenticeship disciplines
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a telesales team to achieve agreed activity and performance targets in the promotion of Skillnet’s training facilities to new employers and applicants
• Key account manage larger employers to raise the profile of Skillnet and increase employer participation
• Maintain and develop good relations with existing employers both locally and regionally
• Recruit, coach and develop a team, of Business Development Managers and develop / grow the existing team of recruitment consultants.
• Create and implement telesales and field sales contact strategies.
• Work with our Regional Managers to develop sales in our existing and prospective customers
Key Competencies required for role
• An expertly organised and analytical approach is required together with first class communication and selling skills and the ability to work to tight customer driven deadlines.
• Candidates should demonstrate strategic thinking skills and an ability to create and implement successful business development strategies which add value to the business.
• Strong personal selling and negotiation skills are required.
• Candidates should demonstrate experience of successfully managing both direct and indirect teams of staff.
• Degree standard education and an impressive track record of growing businesses are required.
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and updated CV to: Recruitment4Skillnet@skillnet.org.uk or contact Lee Acton, our Chief Executive on 01923 630800