IQA (Internal Quality Assessor) Motor Vehicle
Location: Home Based
Contract Type: Full-Time (37.5 hours) – Permanent Part-time options will be considered
Salary: –Up to £35,000 per annum + £4800 car allowance and other benefits
Skillnet is a specialist provider of Apprenticeships in the automotive sector. Operating nationally each year we manage the training for more than 4000 people.
Our IQA team are a crucial part of our drive to continuously improve the quality of delivery and achievement rates for all qualifications within Skillnet through the coaching and development of our Skills Coaches (Assessors.) Each IQA will manage a caseload of approximately 6 Skills Coaches and through the provision of guidance, training, coaching and support ensure that assessment best practice is maintained along with a clear focus on effective and timely learner achievement.
IQA’s will also:
• Ensure that all assessment staff are appropriately qualified and occupationally competent and monitor and grade performance.
• Complete a minimum of two Graded Observations per year for each Skills Coach and provide meaningful feedback based on verification and observations of their activities.
• in accordance with our Key Learner processes and Quality Manual
• Manage Skills Coach team standardisation events. i
• Respond to assessment and occupational standards queries from Skills Coaches and Managers
• Perform observations of delivery and assessment, along with both formative and summative verification actions for qualifications.
• Meet awarding organisation requirements and proactively manage our relations with them
• Complete Formative and Summative Verification Activities in line with the KLP Quality Manual.
• Moderate and certificate sub contractors VRQ and FS delivery.
• Monitor candidate registration and achievement records.
• Lead on business development and customer pitches on behalf of the Quality team.
• GCSE (or equivalent) in English, Maths & IT.
• A Level or Degree qualification.
• Functional Skills in English, Maths and IT will be tested during the selection process.
• Level 3 Training, Assessment & Quality Assurance (TAQA)
• Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice.
Skills and competencies required
• Self-sufficient with good planning and organisational skills.
• Able to communicate at all levels using a variety of media.
• Competent at working in individual or team environment.
• Qualified Skills Coach D32/33 and/or A1 having held the award for at least 1 year.
• Achieved Internal Verifier Award D34 and/or V1 (or to be capable of, working towards V1)
• Demonstrate occupational awareness across a range of disciplines.
• Demonstrate a flexible approach to ensure that the verification process is of the highest standard following the KLP quality manual.
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and updated CV to: Recruitment4Skillnet@skillnet.org.uk