Operations Director – Youthforce
Reporting to: CEO
Youthforce is a pioneering and highly respected training provider, dedicated to developing people in the UK. We deliver life-changing apprenticeships because we offer a winning formula of care, training excellence and acute understanding of what our client partners need.
Our ambitious and values-driven organisation has a vibrant, dedicated and expanding team in Sussex, London and Hampshire.
About this role:
As Operations Director, you will be responsible for ensuring Youthforce has the best possible business processes and environment to enable us to deliver our ambitious growth plan, and to reinforce Youthforce’s reputation as a training provider of choice.
Reporting directly to the CEO you will therefore have an influential role in driving business success.
• To develop and manage the company’s strategic and operational plans in order to drive maximum customer satisfaction
• To lead, motivate and develop all staff within the company to deliver our company mission and purpose
• To identify, implement and maintain the systems, analytics and processes which enable all areas of the business to flourish.
• To hold overall responsibility for the negotiation and management of all key partner relationships and contracts
• To lead the development of a staff performance management programme that supports a culture of accountability, empowerment and pride in collective success.
• To develop and implement strategies for sustained improvement in line with industry requirements, company targets and strategic objectives
• To be accountable for all reporting, metrics and budget management activity
To succeed in this role, you will:
• Bring sector experience of apprenticeships and government funded work-based learning
• Have proven experience in a leadership role
• Possess strong commercial awareness and competencies, with a background in continuous improvement, driving efficiencies and organising operations
• Bring significant people management experience, including training, coaching and/or mentoring
• Love building effective working relationships, and be able to operate at all organisational levels using your expert communication and influencing skills
• Want to be instrumental in the development of a small business with high growth plans
• Have a commitment and passion for delivering a first class service which develops individuals and organisations, and makes a real difference
• Inspire trust in everyone with your can-do attitude and your ability to come up with creative yet robust solutions to support them
• Have excellent prioritisation skills – experience of project and programme management is desirable, but not essential
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you are excited at taking the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org